tsukki and y/n's relationship

third person point of view

two 13 year old boys sat in class. math class, to be more specific. one was diligently paying attention and writing down on his worksheet, while the other had his headphones on.

🎶🎶🎶

all of a sudden. yamaguchi nudged his best friend, eliciting a "what do you want" from tsukishima. the blonde suddenly makes rye contact with a stern woman. the teacher clears her throat, "tsukishima, no headphones in class"

"sorry" he mumbled, putting his headphones onto the floor.

the boy was pretty annoyed about it. he rested his head on his head and started looking forward, not at the board but not specifically at anything.

until he didn't. something caught his eye.

a person.

a girl.

fingers adjusting his glasses, making them sit properly on top of his little nose.

he took a closer look. it was a girl which from the back looked like she was doing her work, but in reality she was spinning her pencil and listening to anything but the teacher.

he pointed her out with his pencil to yamaguchi. "who's that?"

yamaguchi looked up from his book, "who?"

tsukishima didn't answer and instead kept his eyes on her, picking her out from the other heads. his green haired friend tried to follow.

"her?" yamaguchi extended his arm out to the correct girl.

"don't point" he slapped down his hand.

"you did that a second ago-" yamaguchi pouted.

tsukki purposely didn't respond and instead picked up his pencil. his friend broke the silence again. "why? are you interested in her?"

the blonde stayed silent for a while. "no"

the boy with the green hair stared weirdly at his friend beside him. he knew he was lying.

"all you do is keep your emotions inside" yamaguchi said, "maybe if you expressed how you truly felt, people would understand you better" he was right.

"all you do is get bullied" tsukki snapped.

yamaguchi was visibly offended "tsukki!"

🔔

class had ended and it was break time. tsukki's friend, yamaguchi was snacking on some french fries in his lunch box and tsukki had a juice box. there weren't that many people in the class.

mainly them, and her.

she was sitting alone in her seat. he wanted to know her name. tsukishima arrogantly stood up and walked over to her desk.

the peculiar girl look up at him when he approached her.

it seemed like she was gonna say something, but tsukki spoke first.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

"no" she answered.

the boy stood there, blank face. "okay" then he walked away.

"what did you say?" yamaguchi asked.

"i asked what her name was" tsukki sat back down.

"that's weird" yamaguchi thought about it, as he had watched the whole conversation which lasted 5 seconds. "who doesn't respond to that question?" then he popped another fry in his mouth.