the last day of freshman year

"class dismissed!"

it was the end of the school year. the end of your year 1, and all you could say was that you have had an eventful one, to say the least.

you got out of your chair to greet yamaguchi and tsukishima who walked to your table.

out of the corner of your eye, you saw some of your classmates gathering all their papers and heading outside the classroom eagerly.

"what is this about?" you asked, observing them. yamaguchi followed your eyes to the people.

"every year on the last day of school, apparently all the students gather outside of their classroom and throw all their worksheets, practices and notes up in the air" he explained briefly.

you folded your arms, thinking about how that would look like. "that sounds like a dumbass tradition" you commented.

"shh, no need to be so salty, missy" tsukishima looked at you from the corner of his eye, but you saw his snarky golden irises anyway.

"that's what my captain told me" yamaguchi shrugged, but he seemed like he was into it. "come on y/n! get all your papers!" you were hesitant, but nonetheless you dug through your bag and took out the 5 total pages of notes that you had made over this entire year.

"i took so long to annotate all my notes and everything, isn't this a waste?" you asked, but still followed yamaguchi and tsukishima out of the classroom, then you thought about it "aren't we gonna need these next year?"

yamaguchi and tsukishima looked at each other, like what you were saying actually made sense. "maybe" yamaguchi shrugged, holding all his stacked papers to his chest. "wow, okay" you side-eyed him. as tsukki and your best friend talked to the people in-front of them, you took a look around.

it wasn't just your class, it was every class on the block. of this level. every single freshman with loads and loads of papers ready to throw them when the countdown went. you imagined the upper levels all doing the same thing too.

as your eyes wandered, it probably slipped your mind that someone so dear was just in the class next to yours. suddenly, your eyes met his. kageyama tobios. both of you were atanding right behind your entire class, with only a sheer amount of papers cause both of you don't even study.

his eyes squinted, small smile tugs at his lips when he meets your eyes. "we did it" he mouths to you. "we did" you said back. a blaring noise of a student interrupted you guys.

"shall we go?" some freshman shouted, the entire hall going quiet. the girl beside him beams, "let's go!"

"one" everyone took out their papers, bracing for the free feeling of no more studying, at least not till next year.

"two" this is kind of stupid. you turn your head to kageyama, who you've caught already looking at you, his face all guilty when you look at him again. you can read it, he find this stupid too, but he's participating in it. so you take your notes out of your file swiftly.

"THREE!"

you feel the rush for a second when you close your eyes. as you open them, you see thousands of papers flying upwards as the sound of laughter and excitedness fills up the school. you see your boyfriend smiling at you. both of you share a secret glance when everybody else is looking at each other.

one whole year and this was kept as a secret.

my favourite secret.

when the papers come back falling to the ground, people jump up and try to catch them, other people brace the light impact. a piece of paper flutters onto kageyama face, making you giggle to yourself when it does. that is when about 10 sheets of papers all hit you at the same time, you turn back and realise it's tsukki, so you immediately grab some paper from the floor and hit him back, yamaguchi joining in too.

kageyama gets one final glance at you before he's hit with something hard at the back. when he does turn around, he sees hinata cheekily holding up an entire stack of practice papers.

"hi!" he waves energetically. kageyama is not as thrilled, "hinata-" that's the last thing he says before throwing papers to him off the ground.

"ayy ayy, stop it!"

AUTHOR NOTE

do u guys want to guess how this story ends

hehe 😜