CHAPTER 1

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

"Before everything"

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

I'm bored.

It's been a few days since summer began. I've been dying to do something entertaining, and when I mean entertaining I mean something my friends and I haven't accomplished before.

Usually, by now, I would be at Gwen's house down the street bothering her and her half-brother Nate. But I woke up late today and didn't feel like waking up until one. It's currently 1:30 and I have gotten up and done my morning routine.

I make my way to the kitchen and examine my cabinets and what a coincidence! Nothing good to consume at the moment.

Sighing I grab an apple and make my way out the door. The walk to the Runck residents isn't that distant so it didn't take me long to get there.

I had finished the apple already and I make my way up to the door. I notice their mom's car is gone. "I guess it was fixed" I mumble while inviting myself in.

I go to the kitchen to throw away the apple but then make my way toward a hallway.

It's not a surprise that I just walk in, it is something all of us have gathered a habit on.

"Hello?" I make my route through the hallway to Gwen's room. I doubt she heard my shout since she usually has her headphones on listening to music.

Unexpectedly I hear shuffling to my left and see Nate coming out of his room. "Rory? I didn't know you were coming over." the boy's face of confusion wipes away when he realizes it's just me.

I turn around to look at him, "I never really announce it, but I just arrived," I informed the boy Runck's sibling.

"Oh, yeah! You're right, you do just come over." he starts to walk away into the kitchen while chuckling to himself.

I amusingly stroll away too but to Gwen's room.

"Boo!"

The curly-haired girl leaped at the sudden opening of her door. "Damn Aurora, you can't keep doing that shit."

I giggle and walk into her room shutting the door behind me. "My bad didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah, mhm sure."

Aurora walks up to Gwen's bed and commences to get comfortable by sitting down by the headrest.

"So, what are we doing today?" I questioned the girl that's concentrating on trying to find a song to play.

She looks up at me barely, "I don't know, I know Nate and Nikki have a date. I have no clue what Jay is doing, probably being weird."

I roll my eyes at the comment of the Kelso boy. There was something that constantly annoyed me about him. Perhaps it's the way he always tries to flirt with girls or the way he makes the worst jokes at the wrong time.

Even his hair. I can't stand his hair.

Everyone says it's his best feature. I don't think he has one at all. He just Irks my soul. The way he attempts to tease me when I dismiss him makes it even worse.