CHAPTER 14

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"Problem"

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

I may have given Nikki a plan to gain my friendship back with Gwen. Since I found out that they enjoy each other's company, I convinced Nikki to help me.  To sum it all up, I had Nikki call Gwen, so she can meet Nikki and Nate at the lake. Surprisingly, it didn't take her long to agree.

So now it's just me at the lake waiting for her to arrive, Nikki and Nate dropped me off and left.  I'm nervous, I'm not going to lie to myself about that. What if she doesn't want to talk to me? It's just a simple thing that tore us apart, but it wasn't huge!

I miss her.

Pacing back and forth, I think about every scenario that could happen in a few minutes.

Will she even stay?

Will she walk with me as I have planned?

Maybe she was just sick of me all along?

Was she mad about something else besides that?

I stop in my place and huff out. Am I overthinking this? I need to stop doing this. I wrap my hands around me for comfort. "What the hell are you doing here." I spin around quickly. There she was standing, An annoyed look on her face.

"I wanted to talk, just us!" She crossed her arm and moves her foot, which makes me think she was going to walk away, "Please Gwen!" I practically begged with all my might.

She stops in her place and looks at me. "Walk with me?" I ask with a whisper. She drops her arms and nods and walks up the trails. A small smile starts to form on my face, which made it light up with glee. I quickly run up next to her.

"Gwen... I can't keep doing this." I try to keep up with her pace. "Doing what." She slows down a little, permitting me to take over our walk. "You're ignoring me, you're acting like I'm not there," I mumble. She sighs," I just don't agree with you and Jay being together, You know how he is, Rory."

"He's better now, I swear!" I look over at her, "I'm not so sure about that..." She glanced over at me with soft eyes. I seized my steps, creasing my eyebrows, "What do you mean?" She focuses her stare on a tree while stopping too. "Did you walk home with him, yesterday?"

"No? I barely saw him at the party, I was with Nikki." She finally draws her eyes at me, "Aurora... Leia told me they kissed."

At that very moment, I swear every inch of air that was in my body had flown away. They kissed? That asshole, I can't believe him. I should have held onto my thoughts from the beginning. I glare at the ground, not saying anything else.

God damn, I should have thought something was weird when I didn't see him at the party. Wow, plus that means Leia knew and didn't tell me. Was that her plan all along to invite me because she knew he would go too? Did Gwen know the whole plan? Was she even going to tell me if we never talked it out? Oh my god, she was going to make me look stupid!

A hand on my shoulder snapped me back into reality, I glance up at her with a glare and take a step back. "You weren't even going to tell me. You only told me because I tricked you to be here and you felt bad."

"Rory..." She takes a step forward, making me take one back. "Don't." She tried to reach for me, but I slapped her hand away. "I- I have to go." I turned away and sped walked towards my house.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

It's been a while since I got home, Nikki had called me to see what happened and I told her. Let's just say she wasn't surprised but disappointed in him. She told me she'd be at Leia's house today, but I told her not to say anything. She thought he had gotten better too. I don't want to sit around and be sad.

That's when I decided to go to the park. I'm just walking around inside the park looking around. I barely go to this part of town. The scenery is amazing, the trees are a bright green color and the small flowers growing makes it look perfect. The clear pond in the middle makes everything better, though.

I decide to sit on a park bench and just think. I know it's probably bad to dwell on it. But I just think that was so nasty of Leia to do, invite me to her party and then kiss the guy that I'm talking to. Now that I'm thinking about it, He and I aren't even Boyfriend and Girlfriend... I should just forget about it.

Suddenly there was a presence beside me. A person sat down next to me on the bench. I glance to the side and my face probably showed a lot of surprise on it. "You're everywhere, aren't you?" He smirks at me, "Now is that a bad thing, Princess Aurora? Oh, should I not call you that anymore because of your boyfriend?" I roll my eyes at the mention of Jay. "I don't have a boyfriend. He and I are over."

His eyebrow raised at that, "Is that so? Does that mean I can ask you out on a date?" Ryan asks me, making me smile a bit. "Yeah, here, let me give you my number." I go through my bag and find a pen, I grab a random piece of paper and write it for him. "It was nice to see you, Ryan." I start to get up. "I hope you'll use my number wisely." Before walking away, I wink at the boy.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

I can't believe that just happened. Oh my god, I have to tell Nikki. I rush over to Leia's house, not caring about what will happen. I walk over to the side door of the basement and walk in.

"Nikki, You'll never guess what just happ-" The smile on my face falls when seeing everyone here. I know I just said I won't care about what will happen, but once I saw Jay and Leia, It all came crashing down.

The look on his face tells me everything I needed to know. I glance over at Leia, who refuses to make eye contact with me and I turn my gaze to Gwen. Gwen seemed to be in thought about what she should do. Ozzie didn't know what was happening and just minded his business. Next, I looked at Nikki, who was with Nate. Nate looked oblivious like always, but Nikki gave me a sympathetic smile. "Hey, I didn't know you were going to come over," Nikki says while walking over to me. "Yeah, I didn't think much of it."

"Aurora, can we talk?" I glimpse up at him. He had gotten up from his spot and tried to head over to us. "No."

"Please, this is important." He didn't move from his place after I said no. "I know everything I need to know, Thanks." I grab Nikki's hands and walk outside with her. "What did you have to tell me?" I come to a stop a few feet away from the door.

"Remember Ryan? You know, the dude I met at the mall, and the guy I danced with at the rave?" I smirk at her, who just gave me a suspicious look. "Yeah? What about him."  I do a little happy twirl and grin at her, "He asked me out on a date"

Her face beamed at the announcement, which made me more excited about the date. "Are you sure, you're ready to go on a date?" She asks me. "Jay and I weren't even official, so I'll get over it."

She nods her head at me and hugs me. "I'm so proud of how good you're taking this." I squeeze her back, "I'm trying to be the better person for the sake of the group." She sighs and gives me another pitiful smile. I groan at the look, "Please don't look at me like that, It makes me feel bad!" I plead with her. "Okay, Okay, no more sad stuff."

"Good! Because whenever he and I plan this date, you are going to help me pick out an outfit!" Her face glistened at the thought of it. We are going to pick the best outfit for this date, and I won't let anything come in our way. "Now you have me really excited." She smirks and folds her arms across her chest.

"I bet I do, Now I'm going to go disappear to my house and pretend nothing before me going to the park happened." I nod at the girl who just laughed and bid me goodbye.

A/N: (unedited and short perfect combo.)