CHAPTER 5

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

"High and movies"

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

"So... what's the deal? Are we doing this or not?" Jay grabs the paper bag from Gwen's hands.

Leia worriedly starts to rock on her feet, "I don't know, I'm literally wearing this." She pulls her jacket to the side revealing a shirt that says 'D.A.R.E to keep kids off drugs.'

I give the girl a reassuring smile, "I mean it is daring us to do it." They clearly didn't think right when they made that. Probably high too.

She lets go of her jacket and lets it fall over the shirt once again, "yeah, they didn't think that message through."

Nate comes running from the back of the room holding a blow torch in his hand, "Bro, does this count as a lighter?"

The amusement I get from him is amazing. Using a blow torch is gonna be fun.

Jay turns around and looks at his best friend, "uh yeah!" he excitedly said

Nate excited too but also proud of himself hops over to the couch where Nikki, Gwen, and Ozzie were sitting.

Nikki glances around at everyone, "I don't know if I could do this. I'm from a famous family."

"My cousin did Brett Favre's bathroom." She dazedly smiled thinking about it. The story seems to set Ozzie off all the time which is hilarious by the way.

Ozzie stares at her blankly not wanting to hear this again, "I'm sorry. I can't do your Brett Favre bathroom story again." He gets up and walks away from her making his way upstairs.

Leia once again feeling anxious put her hands on her hips, " Guys we learned about this in health class."

She drops her hands down," I think we should just say-"

"Light it up" I interrupt her grabbing the bag from gwen.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

We all sit around the table me in between Jay and Nikki.

Leia stares ahead her mind fogged, "Woah."

Nate and Nikki the same way but Nate has his arm around her shoulder, "babe, are you feeling it?"

She stares in front of her but at nothing in particular, " I don't think so."

"Why is Donkey Kong a gorilla and not a donkey?" She wondered out loud.

"It's a lie!" She comes to a realization. "They based their entire empire on a lie!"

"Yeah, I'm not feeling it either," Nate replies next to her.

Jay is stretching a rubber band finding it fascinating. I look at the boy as he stretches it out over and over again. He snaps it apart making me flinch. 

The boy stares at where it flew to before looking at me and scooting closer, "interesting."

I shake my head before looking at Gwen holding a basket of red's flannels. I put my head on Jay's shoulder because it suddenly felt like it weighed a ton.

"Dude, these old flannels are so dope," Gwen tells us.

Leia starts to shake her head and smile like she was proud of something, " Those are my grandpa's flannels. He's married to what's her name."

She suddenly started to freak out, "wait... what's her name?!" I giggle at her which made Jay look down at me.

"Hey, who am I." Gwen gives us a Cheshire smile.