CHAPTER 18

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

The Unexpected

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

It is the next day. I had told Nikki about the date from yesterday and what happened when Jay came over. Let's just say she wasn't surprised at the boy's actions. And she wasn't surprised I gave in.

After that call, I realized how much I missed talking to Gwen. To be honest, I just wanted to put everything behind us at this moment. Summer is almost over and I miss my friend. Plus, what was I going to do at school without her?

So having all those thoughts in my mind I made my plan, which was pretty much the same as last time. To bring Gwen to the Lake and talk it out. I wanted to show her the flower she grew at the start of the summer break.

Currently, I was waiting for her to arrive, I was sitting on the trail next to the beautiful flower that it bloomed into. I guess it has been getting watered by the rain. I think it is a Clematis flower. I've never been one to be into flowers, but I've seen a few of these around the town. They're gorgeous in my opinion. I wonder if Gwen has visited her flower or even knows that it is a flower. I shrug at the thought.

I keep thinking about different things until I hear the shuffling of dirt a little while away. Standing up quickly, I glance over to the girl, I've been waiting for. The excitement of having my friend back starts to bubble in me.

She gives me a weak smile and walks up to me, "Hey."

I give her one back. "Hi"

"You wanted to talk?" She glances down at the flower beside me, "Woah, is that what my seed turned into." She quickly walks up to it and crouches in front of it. "Yeah, I wanted to talk and show you it," I spoke up.

She glances up at me with a big grin. The smile on her face fully convinced me that we will become friends again. "Gwen, I've missed you." She stands up, "I've missed you too, and I'm sorry for starting all of this." She pulls me into a hug, which makes me sigh in relief and hug her back tightly.

I pull away from her, and she gives me a look of sympathy which makes me baffled. "What? What is it" She puts her hands in her pocket, "I don't know if you know, but Leia lied to me. She didn't tell me the full story. She kissed Jay. It wasn't even mutual." She rolled her eyes.

I laugh at that, which makes her confused now. I notice her face and apologize, "Sorry, I just already know what happened. She told me yesterday."

"Good, I'm glad she told you. But now I'm mad at her for starting more drama than needed." I internally groan, knowing there is more fighting going on than I thought. Why can't we all just be friends like we were before? I just want all of us to be happy with each other. I'm sick of all the fighting.

Not only that, but I don't want to fight with Gwen with her on this right now. We just became friends again. So I won't mention to stop fighting with Leia right now. But that doesn't mean I won't mention it in the future or even try to let them become friends in private.

"Want to go get smoothies? It's not far from here." I ask her just to change the subject, I'm getting quite fond of doing that now. "Sure, why not," she replies. I grab her arm and start walking her over back to the trail where we came from and to the sidewalk.

"Have you been to this place?" She asks while I continue to grab onto her arm. I nod my head, "Yeah, this week for the first time."

The passing trees gave me a sense of solace. I've been in this town forever and I have never stopped adoring it. I love when the seasons change. Winter, when it gets colder, makes me want to just stay in and stay by a fire, Fall has all the changing colors which makes everything look beautifully different, Spring is when all the plants start to form into pretty flowers, then summer. Summer is full of adventures, like now!