CHAPTER 13

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"Happy birthday?"

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

"I know we haven't spoken, but I would love for you to come today."

Those words have been playing in my head all morning. I was glad she had called me. It's her birthday, for Christ's sake, I don't want whatever is going on to get in the way of her special day. Today I won't do anything to ruin her day.

There are a few hours until the actual party, so I might as well start getting ready. I was seriously surprised when Leia came up to me and asked me to come to her birthday party. I didn't think she would want me there.

I walk over to my room and to my closet to start picking out an outfit. I think I might wear that shirt that Nikki made me buy that one day at the shop, I'll pair it with a jean skirt too. The day so far has been wonderful.

I haven't seen anyone but Leia, but that is enough for me. If I'm being honest, ill probably just hang out with Nikki the whole party. I have really grown fond of Nikki these past few days. She's a fantastic friend to me.

My phone starts to ring, making me rush over to it.

"Helloo?"

"Hey" The boy's voice comes through, making me grin. "Leia told me about her party... Are you going to go?" He questions, the tone of his voice seeming to be on edge. "Yeah, I'm going to go. It's her birthday and I don't want anything to go bad. She's still our friend." I sit on the edge of my bed. I can hear Jay let out a breath of relief, making me laugh slightly.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

A loud bang indicating my knocks on the front door roams through the outside. As quickly as I knocked, the front door opened with a smiling Leia. Her smile only fades a little when she sees me, but she still greets me and drags me inside.

"Happy birthday!" I scream at her and bring her into a hug, which she replicated. I give her the little bag in my hand. It was something I had been working on, but in general, it was just a threaded Baby blue and white shirt. "I made it for you." Once she opened it, her eyes lit up instantly.

"I love it! Thank you so much." She pulls me in for another hug and pulls back. She grabs the shirt from the bag and holds it up to herself.

"It's so cute, I'll be right back, I'm going to put it in my room." With that, she ran towards the stairs and trails up them. I finally look around me to see who's here. Ozzie is by the food table while Nate and Nikki were together. I don't know where Jay and Gwen are maybe not here yet. I doubt Gwen isn't here, though.

I walk over to Ozzie, who is trying to figure out what to eat. "Can't choose?" I ask while standing next to him. "It all tastes good, might as well eat all of it." I nod my head and grab a chip.

Out of nowhere, Kitty comes over with more food, "Ooh, somebody brought their appetite" She looks at the both of us. I smile at her, "Hi kitty, great food." She puts her hands on her hips with a proud smile, "So, which one of my hors d'oeuvres do you like the best?"

Ozzie glances up at her with a cracker still in his hand. "This clam dip? Love!" Kitty's smile turns into a straight face. Ozzie tries to go in for more of the clam dip, but Kitty pushes it, and it goes into the trash can, "Whoops." She didn't hesitate to walk away right after, either.

Ozzie looked at me with a surprised look, but I was just confused about why she did that. "Guess she didn't make that one" I shrug my shoulder, and he nods and does the same. He continues to eat, but I look around the room again. Kitty had begun greeting the guests, Nate and Nikki were still talking together, Leia had come back down and Gwen was with her.

Leia seemed to be trying to walk in heels, so I didn't want to interrupt that teaching lesson. Leaving my only option to be Nate and Nikki. I'm not complaining, though, they make me laugh. I walk over to the couple and greet them, "Hey guys"

"Hi Rory," They say in sync, "You guys say the same things at the same time now?" I raise a brow at them while crossing my arms. Nikki giggles and Nate shrugs his shoulders. "That's the shirt I told you to buy, See, it looks so nice on you." I smile and do a turn for the girl. "I still haven't seen a specific yellow shirt on you, though," I smirk at her, and she just rolled her eyes playfully.

I turn to Nate, "So how is your guy's goat?" Nate's face brightens at the question. "Our goat is amazing, she hasn't done anything bad." Nikki groans and looks at him.

"The shit smells so vile." I burst out laughing, not expecting her to say that. She chuckles at my reaction, "I'm being serious." I had a hand over my mouth to stop it from being so loud, but I couldn't help it.

"What do you think it would smell like, Nik!" Nate turns to her with a scowling face. "Plus, don't talk bad about our goat!" I shake my head at the couple with a grin across my face.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

It's been like an hour, and Jay had gotten here at least 10 minutes ago. He had greeted everyone and disappeared with Nate, leaving Nikki and me alone. "I have a confession," Nikki says while tapping her foot. "Hm?" I peek over at her. "I hung out with Gwen alone, and we got high together yesterday." My eyes widen at her. I've never seen them hang out alone before. There's nothing wrong with it, it was just surprising.

"Was it fun at least?" I fully turn to her. "Yeah... It was..." She looked ashamed of that discovery, making me crease my forehead in confusion. All of a sudden Leia's other Grandpa begins to go up to the karaoke machine. Everyone started to crowd up beside the couch.

He turns it on but looks up at everyone, "Wrong song playing, but, hey, the show must go on!" He spoke directly into the microphone. "I'd like to dedicate this lovely song to my beautiful granddaughter, Leia!"

He points at her and smiles, "This one's for you." I can hear her say "Oh, No" making me chuckle. Once I notice what song was playing, my eyes turn huge. Not a good song to sing, and definitely not a birthday song!

He started singing and said, "Hey, It worked out, this is a birthday song." Ozzie looked over at me, who had the same thought, "This is not a birthday song." I closed my eyes once he has sung the 'I'll make love to you' part. This is so bad to watch and listen to. I'm getting secondhand embarrassment.

I look over at Nikki and Nate. Not a surprise they're dancing to this song, It's a sex song. I shake my head and look away. Once, Leia walked away with red. Kitty ran up to the man singing, taking the microphone away once he sang, "Girl, just relax."

"Bob, no one is relaxed," Kitty says while turning off the machine and putting down the microphone.

I look around the place, questioning if that really just happened. The shocked and disgusted complexions on the rest of everyone else's face tells me it was real. Yeah, I wish I didn't have to witness this. There went my plan to make sure nothing went wrong.