CHAPTER 15

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"Looks and Memories"

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

It's been a week since everything happened. Ryan and I had planned our date for tonight, and I don't know how to feel about it. I'm excited about the date, I really am! But Jay keeps trying to talk to me I keep ignoring him, but now I'm starting to wonder what he wishes to say.

I'm taking a stroll right now, I just came back from the store and picked up a few new outfits that Nikki can choose for me. The nerves that I have about the date won't go away. Each step I take toward my house makes me more anxious. Ryan seems like a great person, I just hope that doesn't change after the date.

I just have a weird feeling in the back of my neck that something weird is happening. I shrug it off and start to speed up my steps and look down at the concrete sidewalk. While doing that, I turn a corner and accidentally run into someone. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking."

I look up after not hearing anyone say anything. All sorrow from my face fades once realizing who it was. I'm mad at the girl because of what she did, but she did tell me what had happened, so that kind of softened my anger.

I try to walk around her, but she turns around with me, "Wait, Aurora!" I stand still and cross my arms.

"What is it, Gwen?" I hear her let out a sigh, "I'm sorry, I understand that it was wrong. I was furious over something ridiculous, and the thought of not telling you passed over my mind because I was blinded by my anger." I roll my eyes at her confession, I already knew all of this, what was she trying to get at?

"I find it so disappointing to know you would do all of this over a girl you had just met. I've known you since we were little kids, Gwen. The way you completely discarded how I was feeling hurt, you know that, right? I turn my head slightly in her direction.

The look on her face tells me she was sorry, but I couldn't forgive her this quickly. So with that, I walked away from her. Letting those words that I had said sink into her mind. On the walk back to my house, my mind wasn't filled with thoughts for once. It was blank. I just thought about the scenery around my house.

My home was a gorgeous house, I won't deny that. The houses near mine too. Yes, even my neighbor, Jay. I shake my head at that thought and walk into my house.

I had told my aunt about my date with the boy, and she seemed okay with it. She didn't really know about me and the Kelso next door. I think she finally believes we have become friends. That's good enough for me since I don't want to explain all of what happened to her.

Carrying the bags of clothes into my room and throwing them on my bed, I collapse onto it also. I groan and turn on my side and reach out for the phone on my side table. I dial Nikki's house, so she can come over, and we can start the hour-and-a-half adventure.

...

...

...

...

"Nikki?"

"Rory?"

"Heyy, I just got home from buying new clothes if you're ready to come over."

"I'll be right there, I'm so excited!"

I giggle at her excitement, "I am too, I'll see you soon!"

"Bye!"

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"I'm here!" I hear her yell while walking through my front door. I took all the clothes out of their bags and laid them flat on my bed while I sat in front of them just analyzing. "I'm in my room! The first door in the hallway!"