CHAPTER 16

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

Date with Ryan

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

It was definitely a surprise when he took us to the new smoothie place that just opened. I've been dying to go to it, but just haven't had time. So when we pulled up to the new place, I excitedly get out.

"Woah, I was going to open the door for you. I didn't know you were this eager." Ryan quickly walked over to me. I giggled at him, which made him smile.

He holds the store door open for me to walk in. "Look, you still held something open, Mr. Gentlemen" I glance back at him which made him look down and laugh while shaking his head.

We go up to the counter, which had a pretty young lady looking bored out of her mind. "Hello! Welcome to Power Smoothie and Juices." I raise my eyebrow at the name.

Hmm, interesting.

"Hello" he smiles at the girl then looks at me, "Which one would you like?" I peek up at the menu above the girl's head.

I'll play it on the safe side. I look at the girl, "I'll get a banana-strawberry smoothie." She nods her head and looks at Ryan.

"Uh, I'll just have a Mango smoothie." He starts to dig into his pockets, making me quickly grab the money that I brought. "Here." I hand her the cash.

"Wow, I didn't even tell you the total yet." She smirks at me and looks at Ryan, who had an annoyed face. "I'll make it quick, take a seat while you wait." The lady tells us.

Ryan grabs my hand and leads me to an empty table. "I was going to buy it for us." I take a seat and shrug, "it's no big deal, I wanted to pay too." His face stays the same, not bugging.

Did it annoy him that much? It's just a little money. I wouldn't have minded if we just sat around and talked. I don't get why it's bothering him.

"So, what made you choose Mango?" I ask him, trying to ease the tension that was building for no reason. "It's my favorite fruit, and It's what I usually get."

Usually get? So he comes here often. "This is my first time coming here, it's nice" he nods at me, "Yeah, I'm glad they opened it."

The nice girl from before comes over with our smoothies and walks away. I didn't even get to say thank you. Maybe I might want to change the part of her being nice.

"Let's see if it lives to its expectations." I give him a small smile while I opened up my straw, putting it in my drink.

I begin to drink the banana-strawberry smoothie. It actually was wonderful, I glance up at Ryan with a smile. "It's good!"

"I know. I have other things planned, so we can take this to go." I stand up while he holds a hand out for me. Obviously, I take his hand and grab my plastic cup with my drink. I follow him back to the car.

The ride over to wherever he was taking me was full of silence beside the radio playing. I can't tell if it was comfortable silence or awkward.

Eventually, we pulled up to a... Library?

Are we going to read books? I mean I'm not complaining I enjoy reading but isn't a date a thing to get to know each other? Especially a first date.

He quickly runs around the car to open the door for me. "Thank you, kind sir." I grin at him, while he finally smiles at me. "You're welcome."

I grab my empty smoothie and Ryan's. I walk up to a trash can and throw them away. I finished my smoothie in the car quickly, since it was really good. I will have to go back to that place some time soon.