CHAPTER 17

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

Him

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

It's been an hour since I've come back home from the date with Ryan. Let's just say it was not what I expected. Ryan is a good person, he's just a little... boring? We just don't have much in common. Well, we barely even got to know each other. Maybe if we actually talked to each other instead of reading we would have gotten to know each other.

I let out a sigh and head back to my room. Using the towel in my hand, I dry my hair and sit down on my bed once inside. Should I call Nikki and tell her all about the date? I feel like she'd be disappointed...

Oh wait, I haven't spoken to Ozzie since the incident, I should probably call him. Putting the towel down next to me, I grab the phone next to my desk and dial his number. The breeze from my open window gives me goosebumps, making me shiver in my spot. I'll close it before I go to bed.

"Hello?"

"Ozzie." I hear him sit up from the other end, "Rory?" I smile into the phone and let out a chuckle at the surprised tone. "Hey, I know you're probably lost on why I haven't called, or even told you anything."

"Yeah. You haven't told me shit, I've been waiting for your side for ages now." He grumbles, making me sit up, "My side?" I crease my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes! Your side! I want to know how you're feeling about everything. I didn't even know until you left the one evening." I let out a sigh and try to find a comfortable spot to lay in because I know this is going to be a long talk.

"Well, if I'm going to tell you everything, I'm feeling fine without him." Lie.

"The whole time since it happened, I barely even thought about it" Another Lie.

"And I-uhm- went on a date," I mumble out, which was actually the truth.

"What!?" He screeched out, "With whom!?" I should have known he would react like this, I mean I would too If I found out Ozzie went on a date with a person he doesn't even talk about often, and he just got cheated on. Which I doubt would happen, but never say never.

"With Ryan."

"Ryan? Who the fuck is Ryan? Is he hot?" Ozzie spoke confusedly at first until he whispered the last part, which made me laugh. I know he had a smirk on his face at the end. Look at him asking these questions when he has a boyfriend.

"He's the guy from the mall"

"Oh yeah, I remember him. When we went to the mall to get you your first kiss." I rolled my eyes at knowing what is going to come next, "Which you already had!" Yeah, there it is.

"Anyway! The date was an hour ago." I try to change the subject fast before he goes on a rant about it again. "Well, how was it?" he presses on, clearly falling for the subject change.  "It was... Interesting."

"Interesting? Interesting how?" I hear a shuffle coming from the other side. I let out another sigh at the thought of the date, "Boring. It was good at the beginning until we got to the end and a certain someone appeared, and then he made me read a book about sea creatures." I rant about the damned date.

The line was silent for a while until I hear a burst of laughter come through, "A book!? About sea creatures!?" He tried to speak through his laugh which was barely working, but I made out the words.

Once I realized what he said it made me roll my eyes again at him. "It's not funny! I swear it was like school all over again, I dreaded that moment, I mean I'm no better I guess. I gave him a short poetry book, which he seemed to not like either."

He kept up his laughter for a few minutes until it died down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that was just too hilarious to not laugh at, Rory." He let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, Yeah, whatever," I grumbled right after.

"Tell me about the good parts of the date," Ozzie asked. "Okay, so basically at the beginning he picked me up from my house, and he took us to the new smoothie place across from the diner! The smoothie was fantastic, we should go get one together. But anyway we chatted together and drank our smoothies, and then he said he has another surprise area to take me-"

"You went on a date with that guy?"

I flinch and snap my head around to the other voice in my room. My eyes widen at the figure that crawled through my open window. Damn it, I should have closed it before I called Ozzie. I sit up from my spot on my bed. "Who was that?" The voice through the phone speaks into my ear.

"Ozzie, I'll call you back..." I quickly hang up the phone, avoiding contact with the boy in front of my bed, who's giving me a look I don't want to explain. He was just too sad to look at. "Aurora, You seriously went on a date with him." He stepped even closer to my bed.

"Yes."

I huffed out a breath, "I've been trying to tell you for a while that I didn't even kiss her!" I lump in my throat started to form, knowing this is going to become an argument. "Okay, and how was I supposed to know that, Jay." I look down at my lap, "Tell me. How was I supposed to know?"

He walked over to my side of the bed and takes a seat next to me, which causes me to move my position away from him. " What was I supposed to me do? Just let you, what I believed, to walk over me and use me? No."

I finally look up at him, "He asked me and I took that opportunity to find someone else since I thought you wanted another person who wasn't me." The look of sympathy seeps through his face, making me stand up in front of him.

" Guess what. Leia already confessed everything during my date." The confusion on his face makes me speak again, "Yeah, she told me it was all her and she kissed you. She said you did nothing." I cross my arms together.

"So, why are you still mad at me!?" He also stands up, making me back up a bit. Which made him take another step toward me. "I- 'm just confused."

"Between him and I?" He whispers to me. I look away, knowing that's exactly it now. Do I want Ryan? That sweet guy who I had just met and could have potential. Or do I want Jay? The boy who I know, The boy who's been with me through most of this drama, The boy who I had fallen for.

I feel his hand cup my face and turn it to look at him. "Ro?" I look up into his eyes. Shit, why did I do that? I swear his eyes are like a trap. He starts to get closer to my face. He's making this worse for me. Plus, I kinda feel bad that I'm doing this right after a date.

"Will this help you choose?" His breathy voice tingled my lips because of the proximity, and before I knew it, his lips crashed onto mine. This was a long-needed kiss. The other hand roamed my body and made it to its signature place on my waist. He pulls me closer, making me finally kiss back with the passion he was giving me.

I don't think I could deny this boy even if I wanted to.  He knew what he was doing when he stepped foot into my room for the first time. He knew what he was doing when he walked me to my door the first night I needed him. Not only that, but he knew what he was doing when he made that stupid nickname for me, the stupid nickname that makes me fold every time he says it.

He moves my face up, making him get a better angle to deepen the kiss. He squeezes my waist quite roughly, making me gasp, which gave him a chance to slide his tongue in my mouth. I've never made out with someone. I backed my head away from him. "I'm sorry, was that too much?" He asked quickly.

I smile at him and caressed the side of his face, "It's okay, don't worry." He leaned into my touch, making me melt. I really couldn't stay away. It's crazy how I hated him at one point.

"You should get going back home, it's late, Jay." He stared at me, not moving an inch. I laugh from my nerves, he didn't stop staring, but he did start smiling when I laughed. I slide my hand from his face to his hand holding it.

Right after, I had begun to drag him over to my window. "Goodnight, Jay"  He crawled out the window and planted his feet on the ground.

He turns back to the window and looks at me, "I know that helped you pick your choice." I leaned over the window and pecked his lips which made him smirk and turn around towards his house but not before saying,

"Goodnight, Ro."