CHAPTER 4

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

New girl p.2

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

Looking around the store at Mamas discount liquors nothing was interesting. It was all just kind of random stuff.

Right now everyone is waiting for Leia to get the tap. Gwen's whole plan was to make Leia look pregnant, which I don't think will work.

I grab a random thing from the shelf and analyze it. Before I put it back I see someone standing next to me.

"Hey," Jay grabs a bag of chips that was next to me.

"Hi."

"So, where do you think we're gonna go after this?" The boy grabs another bag of chips and places the other one down.

"Probably to the water tower." I give him a weird look.

"Right, Right." He lets out a cough and a sigh.

I grow frustrated at the boy who clearly has something bothering him, "Okay, what is it?"

"What is what?" He asked me like he was clueless.

I roll my eyes and turn to the boy, "What's bothering you, since your kind of making it obvious I have no choice but to ask."

"Ro, I kinda liked when we hung out." He turns to look at me too.

"Kinda?"

"What I meant was how come we have never done that? Also how come you blew me off whenever I mentioned it today!" The boy quickly stumbles out.

I let out a bothered breath of air, "We've never hung out before because I have never favored you. And I blew you off because everyone knows that I don't favor you so it sounds weird when you mention we hung out!" I start to ramble at the boy.

"But why? Why do you dislike me or not favor me?"

"Oh my god, Jay the things you do are annoying sometimes! The way you attempt to flirt at every single living thing, the way you're oblivious to the world around you most days, it makes me annoyed!" I whisper shout at the boy in frustration.

Yet all he does after that was look at me. Just staring like he was thinking hard. I turn back around to look at the candy they have.

Jay finally starts to speak again but the words that came out of his mouth stunned me for a second.

"I've never flirted with you, so it isn't every single person."

I went to go look up at the boy but he was already gone. Was I too harsh? He was right though. He never flirted with me. Wait, what the hell? HE'S NEVER FLIRTED WITH ME? That's not normal! Oh, fuck am I not attractive or something?

I hear the door ring and see everyone start to head outside towards the van, the smile on Leia and Gwen's faces tells me we got the tap.

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

Just like I said before, we are on the water tower drinking our beer.

"To Leia, the Mama slayer!" Gwen yells as a toast.

Every else does the toast right faster, "To Leia!"

"And to Mrs. Zapolski," Leia asks.

I look up at her in confusion not knowing who that was.

Once she noticed everyone's looks she says, "my debate coach, for pushing me so damn hard." I let out a chuckle at her ambition.

Ah, her debate coach. I feel like debate would be fun, just arguing in general. I've never been the person for clubs though.