CHAPTER 3

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"New girl."

⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳

I still couldn't sleep, I kept saying comments about Jay's story even though I don't mean to.

"Wait you said you were in the store Nikki was in?" he asks me.

"Mhm"

"Did you get anything? Cause she came out with a bag." he wonders out loud.

"Yeah, I got a black and white shirt she told me to get. We made a deal if she bought the yellow one, I had to buy the one I got." I open my eyes and look at him. He was already looking at me though.

"Can I see it? Sorry is that too much?" the boy's words stumbled out before he knew it.

I let out a laugh, "give me a second". I get up from my bed and towards my closet, I can feel the boy's eyes not leave me for a second.

I take out the shirt and show him, "it's not much just a striped shirt with buttons."

"It would be nice on you, Nikki was right for making you get that," Jay observes the shirt.

"How flattering of you to say JJ" I put the shirt away before crawling back into bed.

"It was the truth." He tries to get comfortable again.

"Are you tired?" Jay asks me when I get comfortable too.

"I just got up for a few minutes. It may take a while for me to get tired again." I lay on my stomach this time.

"Are you?" I ask while looking at him.

"Am I what?" The clueless boy asks.

"Tired, JJ, are you tired?" He looks down at me.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna fall asleep, I'm here for you."

"Hmm, thank you." I close my eyes after he said that.

"I'm hanging out with Nate and Nikki again, what's the chance we get more alcohol." He says with a smile.

After that most of it was a blur.

As I start to wake up, I roll over. Groaning I open my eyes. Jay was gone, which I knew he was going to do, he has a thing for not stepping over boundaries. Trust me, I know.

It was so silent in the house, which isn't a surprise. But I do kind of miss the noise.

I get up and do my morning routine once again.

I was hoping to hang out with Ozzie today so I go to the kitchen and call his house.

I wait for the person on the other side to pick up, "hello?" The grouchy voice I can always recognize answers.

"Hey!"

"Rory. I was on the phone with my boyfriend!" He angrily tells me.

"Well, I'm your best friend so I should get a pass!" I tell him sarcastically back.

He huffs out, "what do you want."

"To hang out with my lovely best friend." I smile while talking.

"Mm. Fine. I'll go over when I'm done with my call!" I let out a laugh and hang up.

I make my way to the kitchen and decide to make some food.

Grabbing a pan and some pancake batter I began to make some. After making two I turn off the stove and put the pan in the sink.