CHAPTER 2

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

"Them"

⁎⭑꙳⭒☪︎⭒꙳⁎⭑

Being woken up by the sun beaming into your eyes is the worst. My curtains were slightly open, probably moved by air last night.

Letting out a groan I push the covers off my body and make my way to my bathroom.

I look up at the mirror and cringe at the sight ahead of me. My hair is everywhere and my clothes were moved in uncomfortable ways. I fix my clothes making myself look decent and try to fix all the frizz in my hair.

After attempting to fix myself I brush my teeth. A crash could be heard in another room startling me.

What the hell happened now?

I don't want to go check what happened, but it could just be my aunt.

But what if it's not? What if it's someone breaking in?

Shut up Aurora you're thinking too much, just go see!

With a huff, I go leave my bathroom and into the hallway. Nervously I make my way toward the crash that happened.

Once making it into the living room I let out a sigh of relief. It was just my aunt she had dropped her bag.

"You scared the crap out of me, you know?" I help her pick up the stuff that had fallen out.

"Sorry, sorry, I wasn't looking and almost tripped. Did I wake you?" She grabs the bag and stands up again making her way into the main part of the house that's always used. The kitchen.

"No, I was already awake." I follow right after her.

She places the bags of groceries that had fallen onto the counter.

"Any plans today?" She asks while taking the food out of the bags.

I go up to her to try to help her out, "not that I know of."

Seizing the cereal boxes I place them into the cabinets. Then resume grabbing the juice carton and milk, and placing them into the fridge.

"Well, we can go shopping I need some new clothes for work." She says while placing all the bags into a pile.

"New clothes? What's wrong with the ones you have now?" I start to fold those same bags so I can store them for later.

She places more things away, " I feel like the ones I have now are starting to be worn out."

Worn out? I mean yeah we haven't gone shopping in a while but I thought they looked fine.

"Okay, we can go if you want." I give her a smile trying to help again but she softly pushes me away from the food, "go change we'll leave right after I'm done."

I gave her a confused look but nod my head at her. I made my way back to my room. Usually, I'd pick out something random to wear but I decided against that today.

I wanted to wear something that would look good with my appearance.

This will probably be the last time I'd ever not choose random so I'm going to make the most of it.

I pick out my outfit and look in the mirror. Good enough for now.

I make my way back into the room my aunt was in.

"I'm ready, are you?" She asks me while grabbing her bag and keys

I go to the front door with my aunt following behind. "Yeah let's go."