thee luke hemmings.

Gavin stood right in front of Clover with a deep smile. His arms extended happily and Clover fell right into the hug.

"Have fun," He said gently, kissing the top of her blonde hair. "Bring me back a souvenir."

Clover smiled and let go of the hug. "I will. I promise."

As Clover went to turn around, Gavin spun her back around and smashed his lips on Clover's. She was taken aback, but kissed him back.

Clover began to notice that he was kissing her aggressively.

She pulled away a few seconds later and touched her lips, feeling how swollen they were.

"I love you." Gavin said.

"I love you, too." Clover half heartedly smiled and backed up to the car where her mother was sitting, watching everything unfold.

When Clover got into the car, she put her backpack down at her feet and closed her eyes.

"He's questionable." Liz said silently.

Clover opened her eyes and looked at her mom, confused. "Questionable? What do you mean?" She asked.

"He's just . . . Odd. Don't you think, Clo?"

Clover began to feel offended for her boyfriend. "He's not odd, mom." She argued.

Liz shut her mouth, not wanting to argue with her daughter.

Liz Hemmings knew something was up when Luke had started asking about Gavin and who he was, what he was like and how Clover was around him. Liz knew this trip was solely for Clover to get away from Gavin.

Clover on the other hand was silent. Why would her mom call her boyfriend odd? He wasn't odd. He just didn't know how to control his emotions.

Meanwhile, back in Los Angeles, Luke Hemmings paced his living room with his three best friends sitting on the couch, more confused than they'd ever been.

"Alright," Calum stood up. "I'll just say what everyone is thinking," He took a deep breath and narrowed his eyebrows. "What in the hell are you doing?"

"I am clearly pacing my living room, Calum." Luke snapped.

"What is wrong?" Michael blurted out. "Seriously man, you're freaking us out. You called us yesterday in a panic and said 'my little sister is in danger' obviously freaking all of us out. What happened?"

Luke plopped down on the hand chair across from the couch, put his hands together and put his head resting on top of his hands.

"Clover has a boyfriend." Luke started, "They've been dating for two years, right?"

"Yep."

"My mom called me a week ago, saying that Clover was acting weird." Luke said, "So I was like, okay. Let me talk to her."

"Right . . .?"

"She was in her bathroom doing her makeup. However, I noticed how panicky she was about what she had on her bathroom counter."

"Was she high?" Michael asked.

"What— no." Luke shook his head. "Then, when Clover moved just an inch to the side, I noticed something. She had a bruise color correction kit on her bathroom counter."

Calum's eyes widened.

"I know it was a bruise correction kit because I had done it. I did the same thing she was doing a couple years ago." Luke explained. "So, I drilled my mom for more information. You know, asking what Gavin was like, if she liked him, what Clover had been doing lately. The basics."

"Okay."

"Everything pointed to Clover being in an abusive relationship."

"I am going to beat the fuck out of that son of a bitch." Ashton got up immediately.

"Sit down." Luke demanded, causing Ashton to sit back down. "Clover and my mom are on a flight right now. I am going to convince Clover to stay with me. I refuse to let her anywhere near that son of a bitch."

"Alright, that's amazing." Calum said. "But how are you going to ask Clover to stay with you? If she is in an abusive relationship and has been for two years, she's probably committed to this guy. She won't let go so easily."

"I know." Luke nodded. "But trust me. I am going to save her whether she wants it or not. Because no person should ever have to go through an abusive relationship, ever."

This is where our story begins.