its over now, and i'm here.

Clover stood inside of her bedroom, wiping the makeup off of the purple and yellow bruises she had still had from the week before.

Gavin got angry and hit her in the back hard, which caused a big bruise to form which hadn't gone away— it caused Clover to shiver. Gavin also got angry and somehow hit her in the legs and thighs which formed more bruises.

Saying that they were painful was an understatement.

Clover was wincing while trying to stick cotton and ointment around them because of the excruciating pain that came with brushes against them.

She had tried her best to ignore the pain, but it had to be done.

It was late at night, nearly 3 am, and she believed that everyone was asleep. She had on shorts, and a bralette that covered her whole chest.

In an attempt to quiet down her cries, she had shut both the bedroom door and the bathroom door— but it didn't really work as Luke had heard her faint cries.

Luke knocked on the bathroom door, and Clover froze. She shakingly said, "Who is it?"

"Luke. It's Luke. What are you doing? Are you okay? I can hear your cries, Lucky." Luke softly said, which caused Clover to shut her eyes tightly.

"I—" Clover's breath hitched, "I'm okay, just burnt myself on my straightener. No biggie."

Luke's eyebrows raised and he began to try to turn the doorknob, which caused Clover to press her body against the door so he didn't see her bruises— which hurt her big back bruise a lot.

She winced and sucked in a breath of pain, but tried her best to hide it.

"Don't come in," her voice cracked.

"Why?" Luke asked.

"Uh," Clover looked around. "I just want to be alone,"

"Clover, I need to see the burn. Sierra got a burn from a curler once and it was bad, and I need to know if it's bad."

"Fine, let me clean up." Clover said as a distraction.

Clover began to clear off her bathroom counter from the bruise corrector, and the gauze she had picked up from the store. But in the midst of her trying to clear everything off and put a shirt down, Luke walked in.

Clover came face to face with Luke's chest, and she terrifyingly looked up at him who looked equally as shocked.

"Where the hell did you get those giant bruises?" Luke spoke harshly, causing Clover to turn around to try to cover her leg bruise, but accidentally showed Luke her back bruise who almost shouted.

Clover covered his mouth and pleaded, "It's nothing, please." She begged, "I did this to myself."

"How can a 16 year old give herself the nastiest bruise I've ever seen?" Luke said, turning Clover around gently and looking at her upper back bruise— half of it covered by her bralette.

"I—"

"Is somebody hurting you?" Luke asked like he already didn't know.

This caused Clover to burst in tears, and she covered her face and shook it. "No, I promise."

"Lucky, honey, is Gavin hurting you?"

This also caused Clover to sob harder and shake her head vigorously. "He didn't do this intentionally, I mean it."

Clover sobbed and sobbed until she was hyperventilating, so Luke did what his friends did for him. Luke gently pulled Clover into a gentle hug, wrapping his arms around her as careful as he could.

He was mindful of her back bruise but he held her as she cried into his chest.

Luke whispered, "It's over now. I'm here, Clover. I will always be here."