airport dad.

"So," Luke Hemmings smiles brightly. "I was thinking that when we get home, we will talk to mom about signing you up for online school."

"Luke," Clover exhaled, glancing up from her phone and tea. "My summer break started legit a few days after you took me from Australia and it's currently the middle of the school year here in Los Angeles. It feels very unfair."

Luke's left eyebrow raised and he watched Clover look back at her phone and sip her tea through a reusable straw.

"You're right," Luke tapped his chin. "We'll figure it out, yeah?"

Luke gently kissed the side of Clover's head and mumbled a soft "I love you" before walking out to the backyard in the slightly cold Los Angeles air.

"You okay?" Sierra asked as she entered the kitchen. "Have you started packing?"

Clover sighed and leaned back. "I'm fine." She said, "And no, I haven't. You know I hate airplanes, Sierra, I'm holding out for as long as possible."

Sierra let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry, darling." She said, "You better start soon. We leave for the airport tomorrow night. Luke's gonna be pushing you to do it no matter what."

Clover nodded. "I know."

Clover returning to Australia was giving her stomach a bit of a knot— not going to lie. The thought of strolling up to the grocery store and seeing the ugly bastard she called her boyfriend for two years made her want to hurl.

She knew Luke promised her that he'd be one phone call away if that did happen, anytime he wasn't around, but nevertheless.

"Are you okay?" Sierra asked again, looking at Clover's blank expression.

Clover met her eyes, gave her a warm smile, and looked back down at her tea. "Don't worry about me, Si, I'm fine. Just sleepy. I should go start packing." She hopped from the island stool. "What's for dinner?"

"Your brother didn't want to dirty any more dishes so he's ordering pizza." Sierra nodded. "How's that sound?"

"Sound's good." Clover nodded and retreated to her bedroom.

The guest bedroom, or now known as "Clover's bedroom" was slowly gaining the true title of her bedroom. She printed out photos from CVS and put them in a small corner of her room, which were photos of her life.

Ones of Luke and her when Luke was beginning his career—his shy smile as he held the little sister in his arms. One of Luke on stage with her in his arms, dancing around. A candid photo. One of her and her brother was surfing at home. One of her and Sierra when they first met.

They made her smile—and Luke wanted her to be happy and comfortable in her bedroom.

Her bed still had covers that Sierra picked out when they moved in. A stuffed animal on her bed with her desk and dresser a bit messy.

She no doubt loved the room Luke had her pick. It was gorgeous, and had a view of the street in front of her. Clover was no doubt grateful for Luke.

A few hours after Clover cleaned her room and began folding clothes for her suitcase, Luke called her out to the dining room to eat pizza.

She sat down at the table and took a piece of cheese pizza and watched as Sierra and Luke talked about Luke's music. Clover wasn't listening, though, she was enjoying her pizza.

"Calum left today," Luke said, catching Clover's attention. "He wanted to go before his sister so that he could make sure the house was in order. Michael's leaving tomorrow with us and so is Ashton."

"What time are we leaving the house?" Clover asked, chewing her pizza.

"Like, 8 pm." Luke nodded. "Our flight's not until 12 am. But I want to be there earlier just in case."

Clover let out a small laugh and said. "You're such an airport dad."