you better hope i get rejected for an australian visa.

It was around 3 pm, a week after the movie night and a week before Luke, Sierra, Ashton, Calum, Michael and herself would be flying back to Australia for Christmas holidays when she got a call from an unknown number.

Normally, she wouldn't answer it – but she was expecting a call from a place she applied to for work and picked it up to answer it.

"Hello?" Clover said into the phone.

"Clover." The voice rang carefully into her ears. Clover's eyebrows went together instantly.

"That's me, who's this?" Clover said carefully. The voice, to Clover, was unfamiliar. She leaned forward into her desk carefully.

"Have you already forgotten my voice?" The voice scoffed. "It's Gavin."

That name, the simple word, was enough to bring Clover to a sudden stop. Her whole body froze, her lips were slightly parted, and she had stopped breathing as well.

"Why are you calling me?" Clover said firmly. She held her ground outside – even though her whole progress most likely just went crashing together.

"I miss us." Gavin said. "And you blocked me, so I got a new number to call you."

"I'm sorry–" Clover straightened her back. "You got a whole new number just to call me? Are you fucking insane? Do you realize how crazy you sound right now, Gavin?"

"Don't you miss what we had, Clover? I mean – I gave you everything!" Gavin shouted on the phone.

"Yeah, you sure did," Clover shouted back. "You gave me a lifetime of trauma and a never-ending healing progress from your bullshit body!"

"Excuse me?" Gavin said a few seconds after. "You truly are such a child, Clover! Stop being so dramatic."

"Oh, I'm being dramatic?" Clover scoffed. "You got a whole new number just to phone me– You know what, nevermind." Clover exhaled a long breath. "Never ever call me again. I don't want to hear from you ever fucking again. I mean that. Goodbye, Gavin."

Clover hit the red hangup button so fast her mind didn't even realize the tears beginning to stream down her face.

She stood up and rushed to the bathroom as the remaining tears threatened to spill over. Her phone was buzzing multiple times as she did, not having enough time to block the man, but it didn't matter.

She wiped her tears quickly with the toilet tissue and put her palms against the edge of the counter and leaned back and forth.

"Stop crying, goddammit." She lectured herself. "It's fine, you're okay. He's nearly 8,000 miles away."

"Clove?" A voice shouted from the front door. "It's Blake! I brought those brownie cookie pizzas you adore. Where are you?"

She quickly wiped her tears again and splashed water on her face quickly as Blake continued to shout.

"Before you freak, Luke said I could come in!" He shouted, his voice getting closer. "Are you sleeping? It's nearly 2 pm! Wake your ass up! I have things in my hands—"

Clover silenced her phone quickly and opened her bedroom door to Blake, who was holding two pizza boxes – recognized as brownie-cookie pizzas, two drinks in his hand and his phone holding on for dear life.

"Hello!" Clover said quickly. She took one box and one drink and Blake raised an eyebrow.

"Why are your eyes red?" He asked carefully as he followed her toward the kitchen.

Clover laughed nervously. "They aren't red. They're blue."

Blake made a mocking laugh, "Ha ha, real funny," He rolled his eyes and sat down on the spinny chair. "Seriously. What's up?"

Clover exhaled and sat down across from Blake with an expression on her face. "I'm going to tell you something." She said after a minute. "And you are going to flip shit. But I need you to know."

"Clove," He says carefully. "You're freaking me out a bit, love."

"Do you remember my boyfriend?" She asked Blake, who nodded slowly – waiting for her to continue. "He and I are broken up. But I need you to understand why."

"Okay," Blake nodded. "I'm listening."

So, for the next thirty minutes, Clover explained to Blake of the last 2 years of her life. The loving, 15 year old who turned into a cold, girlfriend-beating, 17 year old. Blake was seething. How could someone hurt someone so precious?

"Oh love," Blake said silently. "I am so sorry."

Blake got up straight away and brought her right into a hug. She wrapped her arm around his waist as he repeatedly kissed her head, as if it was a confirmation of safety.

"You are always going to be safe with me and Griffin around." He said, pulling away from her and smiling.

Clover was about to say something before her phone on the counter buzzed yet again. The unknown number appeared again and Clover looked to Blake.

"It's him." She says.

Blake picked up the phone instantly, put it up to his ear and said. "Hello?"

Clover heard angry voices on the other side and Blake chuckled angrily. "If you ever call her again, mate, I will fly all the way to Australia and fuck your life up so hard you won't be able to bounce back. And for yours and my sake, you better pray I get rejected for an Australian visa."