first encounter with the devil.

The very moment Clover's feet entered her home in Sydney was the moment she felt a fresh breath of fresh air enter her lungs.

The second Clover's feet stepped into her home in Sydney, Australia— she felt free. Her lips exhaled a breath of relief, and a smile curled on her lips.

Clover entered her room and sank straight into her bed, the smell of vanilla captivating her nose. The sleep Clover had on her bed was like no other.

Sierra laughed as Clover walked into the kitchen, dark circles under her eyes and her baby hairs flying everywhere at once. "You look exhausted, darling."

Clover glanced at Sierra and hummed in agreement. "I am."

Clover let her head rest on Sierra's shoulder gently. Sierra watched as the teenager nearly fell straight asleep on her shoulder. She bit back the way she noticed how Clover looked a little more stressed by just being home.

A few hours later, Clover had been home with her three brothers while everyone else was out and getting food for tonight. Clover walked out the front door and down the driveway to get mail.

But when she was grabbing the mail from her mailbox, she heard a car pull up. She glanced over to instantly see a familiar car.

She instantly tried to run inside, dropping mail on the way— but Gavin was stronger. His arms flew around her body and pulled her back.

Clover screamed, "Let go of me!" and attempted to kick him from behind.

Gavin forced the helpless girl to look him in the eyes and his eyes darkened. He spat, "I see you're home now. When were you going to tell me?"

Clover wiggled from his grip. "You're psychotic! Get away from me!"

Gavin's grip on her waist, wrist and chin in the past 30 seconds made her believe that she would walk away with a multitude of bruises.

Inside, the three brothers instantly stopped what they were doing. Luke looked at Jack and said, "Do you hear that?"

The three brothers then ran outside instantly. Luke's mind ran a million miles when he saw his sister being held like a toy toward a boy he knew to be Gavin.

As tears streamed down the teenager's face, Jack pulled her away from Gavin to the best of his abilities. He carefully held her in place as Ben and Luke forced Gavin on his driveway.

Clover lets out a deafening sob as Jack whispers straight into her hair, over and over. "Shhh..." He says, "You're okay, it's alright. I've got you."

Clover watched through blurred vision, Luke gritting his teeth. "You made a giant mistake, fucker. I had already planned to ruin your life, but now i'm going to ruin it further."

Gavin thrashed around in Luke's grip against his collar. Clover chose not to look, burying her face into Jack's chest.

Luke shoved him against Gavin's own car, holding his collar. Ben came up beside them and said, "Get the fuck away from our house."

Jack felt tears in his eyes from the sobbing Clover in his arms. He gently brought her back inside and soon after, Luke was bandaging the nail marks from Gavin's grip on her wrist. Ben stroked her hair gently, terrified of what he'd just seen.

Luke was not home for a lot of the relationship, but they were.

Luke whispered softly. "He is never going to hurt you again. I promise."

Clover's bottom lip quiver gently, tears still falling from her bloodshot eyes which made her cheeks burn. She replayed what Luke had said, and what Gavin had said.

She hesitated before saying.

"Everyone keeps saying that," She said. "But it keeps happening. Again."