coming home.

Being back home felt healthier than ever.

Clover had spent all of yesterday deep cleaning her room. From dusting the shelves (being away meant a lot of dust in her bedroom) to burning the photos of Gavin she had hung up.

Luke, Jack, and Ben all came to the burning of everything he owned.

"Woooo!" Luke cheered, creating the fire. "Okay, throw it in. We have water on standby."

Clover laughed loudly, grabbing the piles of photos she'd printed and throwing them into the fire. Photos of them standing next to each other, big smiles and big lies. Clover was very happy she was out of that.

Ben kissed Clover's head softly and said, "He was a son of a bitch."

"Preach." Jack held up a beer bottle.

Clover sat down on the lawn chair after throwing the rest of Gavin's things into the fireplace, things that she wouldn't be able to sell for a decent amount of cash. She watched as everything was in flames.

She took a photo and posted it 'Karma' by Taylor Swift.

"Have you got your schedule yet?" Jack asked, sitting next to Clover.

Clover shook her head. "It comes out the week before school begins."

Jack blows a raspberry and shakes his head. "I hated waiting for my schedule. It always made me nervous."

Clover nodded. "It's making me nervous. I signed up for advanced classes, so it's sort of nerve wracking."

Jack laughed, grabbing Clover's hand and squeezing it.

"Aye," Ben stood up. "Next year, this time, you'll be able to drink legally. Wanna go to the slots?"

Luke shot his gaze to Ben. "Are you crazy? She will be waiting until the American legal age."

Clover rolled her eyes. Amateurs. I've had alcohol before.

After the burning commenced, Clover went back inside to go back to her room and continue cleaning it. She was getting rid of the skank bitch and his evidence in her bedroom.

Her phone had been cleared out super fast after the breakup, but she was in America, so she couldn't clean out her most used space.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous to move back home. The thought of seeing Gavin again made her stomach turn, and made her want to throw up. But she couldn't spend her whole life scared of him.

"Alright," Liz said as the family now sat at the table. "We're going to sign you up for therapy here. And get you into some other extras."

Clover nodded. "Maybe I could get a job?"

"We'll start looking." Andy said, kissing his daughter's head and then sitting down next Liz. "When are you going to be back home?"

Clover met Luke's eyes first. He sent a smile, and looked back down at the food he was eating. Clover looked at her dad.

"I'm not sure yet. Maybe in the middle of this month? School starts soon. I didn't bring enough home for it to be considered me coming home yet," Clover said.

"Yeah," Liz nodded. "It's no problem."

Clover would be 17 in a week, a new age and a new her. New Years was already past and she had a whole plan. New to her.

She had deserved it.