what is the nicest thing hes done?

Clover sat in her bed late at night while she was on the phone with Gavin. She was tired, but fought to sleep.

"Oh, and then I noticed my mom had forgotten too– Are you even listening?" Gavin said harshly. He snapped Clover out of her spacing out and she nodded.

"Of course I am. I'm just tired," Clover smiled.

"Well," Gavin puffed his chest. "If you loved me, you would stay up."

That was Clover's last straw. She exhaled a long breath and groaned, "Gavin, please stop." She pleaded. "I'm tired. That's all. I haven't slept since two days ago."

Gavin got up and rolled his eyes. "You never want to do anything for me. You're selfish."

"I don't want to speak to you right now, Gavin," Clover said. "I'll call you tomorrow, love you, goodbye."

Before Gavin could protest, Clover had already hung up. She closed her eyes and fell backwards into the blankets. "Why do you make things difficult, Gavin?" She whispered to herself.

Clover decided that she was just going to sleep and ignore the issues for tonight. She'd let it slide until tomorrow, because right now— she needed sleep.

The next morning, Clover woke up to Luke knocking on her door. She opened one eye and looked at the door. "What?" She rasped.

"Me and mom are gonna go shopping for a little. Do you need anything?" He asked.

"No," Clover mumbled, turning her head and stuffing it back into the pillow she'd been sleeping on.

"Okay, I love you."

Clover waited until the door shut to check her phone. Her phone lit up the second she lifted it and she was welcomed to over fifty text messages from Gavin. He said that he was sorry, but he also called her a bitch.

Clover bit her lip and texted him good morning and decided to ignore the other texts. It was going to be a peaceful morning.

Clover got dressed into velvety feel shorts and a t-shirt she'd stolen from Luke's closet and made some coffee. She had always loved coffee but never drank it because Gavin didn't like the taste when they kissed.

Clover poured ice into her iced coffee and creamer, spinning it around in her hand before opening the sliding glass door and entering the Los Angeles morning.

Car alarms sounded and horns as well every 5 seconds, causing her to thank god she didn't live in Los Angeles.

Clover decided to admire the view for ten more minutes until she noticed the neighbors sliding back door open. A young teenage boy walked outside with a tank top on and some gray Nike sweats.

She played no mind to the boy, and kept sipping her iced coffee.

"Excuse me?"

Clover raised her eyebrow and turned to look at the boy. "Yes?"

"Are you robbing Mr. Hemmings house?" He asked.

Clover snorted a laugh. "He's my brother."

"Are you sure? I don't want to report a pretty girl to the police." He flirted, causing Clover to clear her throat.

"I'm sorry, but I have a boyfriend." She silently said, clutching the coffee in her hand.

"Ah come on—"

"Blake, stop harassing the neighbor's sister."

Clover found herself wound up in a brother argument. A boy with dirty blonde hair emerged from the house as well, wearing black sweats and a t-shirt with the band one Direction on it.

"Sorry," Blake, what she assumed was the boy's name, apologized. "She looked unfamiliar."

"Well no shit, sherlock. Go inside." The older brother insisted. She watched mindlessly as Blake entered the house and the other boy looked at her. "Sorry about him. You're Luke's sister?"

"I am." Clover nodded.

"Ah, he speaks highly of you." He walked closer to the fence connecting the yards and extended his hand. "My name is Griffin."

Clover got closer as well and shook his hand, "My name is Clover. It's nice to meet you, Griffin."

"You as well." Griffin let go of her hand. "Maybe I'll be seeing you more often, yeah?"

Clover shrugged. "I'm only staying under three weeks, so it's highly unlikely."

"Shame." Griffin chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Well, have a lovely day, Clover."

Clover ran a hand through her own hair as she watched Griffin enter his house and close the sliding glass door. He seemed nice.

She hadn't noticed how much time had already gone by when Luke and Liz entered the house and shouted for her. Clover widened her eyes and ran back into the house.

"Sorry, I was outside."

"It's alright," Luke sent Clover a warm smile as he put grocery bags up on the counter. "Want to help us unload all of the new groceries?"

Clover nodded. "Sure."

A few hours later, Clover and Luke were sitting in the living room whilst watching a disney movie, Inside Out. Clover wasn't exactly fond of the movie but Luke enjoyed it.

"I hear you have a boyfriend," Luke mentioned.

Clover tensed up and nodded, "Yeah. Gavin."

"Gavin," Luke repeated. "Is he nice?"

"Hes . . . " Clover paused. "He's nice, yeah."

"You hesitated." Luke hummed.

"I didn't." Clover protested, holding her knees to her chest. "He's nice. He's always been nice."

"What's the nicest thing he's ever done for you?" Luke asked, "And I mean something he's gone out of his way to do. Something you didn't ask for him to do."

Clover spent twenty minutes going over every event in her mind but somehow she could't find one moment where Gavin did something genuine for her.