pancakes and conversations.

Griffin and Blake looked like 5 year olds on Christmas morning when they noticed Clover Hemmings in Luke's backyard, observing the wild cherry bushes – ones that Sierra insisted on planting.

Clover had gotten tackled by Blake, his arms throwing around her – inhaling the cherry scent.

"Jesus!" Clover laughed as Blake held her tightly. "You'd think I had died,"

"You were gone for too long," Blake complained, letting Clover go and messing her hair up. "I had to listen to Angela all goddam week, it was a nightmare."

Clover laughed once again, turning her head to look at Griffin – who was standing quite awkwardly. He smiled once her gaze turned to him.

"Have fun back home?" Griffin asked, pulling Clover into a more gentler hug.

Clover shrugged her shoulders while her cheek pressed against Griffin's chest. "It was alright, I guess."

Blake raised his eyebrows at the sudden change of misdemeanor – he thought it would be stupid to not notice the sudden change of attitude – but he sighed.

Clover was still actively trying to recover from the attack from Gavin last week. She had tried to avoid the conversation her brother had tried to bring up so many times – saying her stomach hurt, or that she had something to do.

The topic of the situation made her stomach turn, almost like nerves were getting the best of her.

But could you really blame her?

"How about," Blake said, defusing the air, "you come over, and I make you the best pancake you'd ever tasted?"

That's how Clover Hemmings ended up in the house next door, listening to the bickering of Blake and Griffin – giggling at every terrible insult that Blake threw at Griffin.

"You're just a toad, you know that?" Blake grumbled, putting a pancake on Clover's plate. "Would you like some syrup, love?"

Clover nodded subtlety, chewing the last pancake Blake had given her – she was starving, she hadn't eaten in a while, and Blake seemed to notice – he had tried to give her the most pancakes he could before she protested.

"You have good insults, Blake," Griffin teased his brother.

Blake smiled, "Thank you, Griff."

The three teenagers continued to talk about some of their favorite topics. Blake hadn't stopped talking about his favorite musicians, and his love for The Hunger Games – he had said, "You and I are going to be obsessed together, Clov." which made Clover laugh.

Clover had talked about her obsession with Cherries, and how fond she was of the new cherry bush that was in the backyard. She had also spoken about her love for bracelet making, which Blake had said he noticed.

Griffin spoke about his favorite hockey teams and the classes he was taking at the high school – which led to the topic of if Clover was going to do the school system here, or go online. Which she shrugged, her mouth full of pancake, and on went the conversation.

Clover was growing a bit fond of the teenagers next door – she found comfort in the way they didn't question her life in Australia, and how they acted normal whilst her family walked on eggshells around her.

Griffin's phone began to ring, and it caused him to walk away – answering it subtly.

Clover's head rested in her hand, watching as Blake cleaned up the kitchen. He broke the silence a moment later.

"Are you doing okay?" He asked softly, putting a plate into the sink.

Clover nodded. "I'm tired."

Blake nodded. "Let me finish washing this dish and I'll walk you back home to make sure you get there safely."