Chapter 4: VIP Room

You came down early from your room, all dressed up and ready to go. Kid, on the other hand, just woke up and is preparing for his coffee.

When he heard your footsteps, he went to the kitchen entrance to find you holding your bag and coat already as you pass by heading to the main door. You can sense him watching you with his intimidating face but you didn't care until you went outside the door. The previous argument with him is still fresh from memory.

Making your way to your car parked in front of the house, the front door opened once again.

"Hey! Where are you going in this early morning. Your office hour starts at 8 am, it's still 6 in the morning?" Kid asked with a furrowed non-existent brows while standing in front of the house. You didn't bother to turn around and continue walking until you opened the door to the driver sit. You placed your things first inside and looked at Kid, crossing his arms in his chest and raising a brow. Grumpy as the Grumpy of the seven dwarfs, except he's no dwarf in height.

"Well, is there something wrong with working early?" You raised a brow too.

"No..."

"Then...I'm going, bye." You crouched a little to enter your car only to pause when you heard him muttered something before closing the door.

"Tss, just be safe cuz you're an idiot driver."

"Tss, what an idiot ass."

--

You sat lazily on your swivel chair and turn round and round slowly in a slouch sitting position. Nami was on the couch on the center of your office while eating tangerines along with Robin next to her.

"Why don't we hire someone to pretend to flirt with him?" You asked, your eyes are glued to your gray ceiling.

"No, that's not a good idea." Robin said.

"Why not?"

"Because...they might end up together, who knows." Nami answered. You sight and stopped your chair from turning. You sat up straight and went closer to your table to place your elbows above it.

"Who cares if they end up together, that only means he's not worthy of being my partner and I'll win his shares from the Eustass family." You said.

"Let's just continue to hire someone who can watch him, like a paparazzi." Robin recommended.

"Why so?" You asked.

"If you hire someone to flirt with him, you're not sure if they're Kid's type and it's easily busted. If you hire paparazzi, you can get more authentic evidence if he's cheating or not in the marriage." Robin explained.

"Oooohhhh, you're right." You were just amazed by her.

"Okay, then let's call Team Morgans News." Nami said.

She called the president of the news paper in town which is Morgan. He is a friend and had a partnership with your family. Nami and Robin are also the model advertiser of their team so it would be nice and easy to get a little help from team Morgans News.

And as expected, Morgans agreed to work for you starting tomorrow. The job is to watch Kid anywhere he goes, see if there is something suspicious and obtain pictures.

"I hope we're not going over the boundaries just for you to get rid of him." Nami told you.

"Pfft, we're not. That's the reason why you two are here, to give your opinions about this plan of mine." you smiled.

"I do like that you asked for opinions but... is this really to get rid of him? or you just want to assure yourself that he is not cheating on your marriage?" Robin asked the most interesting question that made the surroundings silent for a while.