C12: Dinner Disaster

'Bonney'

'Bonney'

'Bonney'

That name kept you thinking deep about who it is. It was the name you saw on Kid's screen before he could take it. Could it be that it is the same pink haired woman in the pictures from Morgans' report?

You checked yourself in the mirror one last time then took a deep breath before heading downstairs.

Kid heard your footsteps so he peaked from the kitchen entrance to see you.

"Where are you going?" He asked when you were already about to reach for the doorknob. It's Sunday today, no work, so it's just fair to ask about your whereabouts for it is a house policy.

"Office." You answered in a cold manner.

"I can drive for you..." he continued. It would have been a sweet gesture to you but you're too occupied with the name 'Bonney'.

After all, he lied to you about it.

"Tsk. Just shut up Kid. Can you just go back to your usual self? Stop confusing me." You blurted out. When you realize what you said, you hurriedly went outside. He called you but you didn't want to talk to him as you ran to your car and went on your way abruptly.

Kid stood on the doorway watching your car drive away. He was so confused from your sudden burst. You were okay with him last night, why so angry all of a sudden?

He wondered what made you act like that, oblivious to your knowledge..

"What's gotten into her?"

----

After your meeting with Morgans, you didn't want to call your friends to have someone to talk to. You really needed some company but you're afraid that Nami and Robin might judge you. Luffy and the other Strawhat boys might cause a fight on the upcoming race if you tell them about your problems. You can't even call any of your siblings, fearing they might snap out and it may all lead to a war of the Charlottes against the Eustass Brothers.

There is this heavy feeling inside your chest that you can't tell. Do you want to cry? Be angry? Scream? You can't tell. Everything was just fine yesterday but all of a sudden, it turned out to be devastating.

All you did is to stare at the window from Morgans' office, hoping something might wake you up from feeling drown in your own clouded mind.

The current pictures from the report showed Kid is very familiar with that pink haired woman that you have not met before. The most disturbing part is the picture of Kid entering a black van with the same woman. It was taken in front of the Eustass building during the last time when Cavendish invited you for a drink, although it was taken earlier of that same day before you went to meet the blond. That was also the night when you didn't tell Kid which bar you went but he was able to come and picked you up at that night.

That was the end of the report. It should've been given few weeks ago but you were too busy.

'Did he purposely allowed me to hang out with Cavendish just to see that woman? That night, did he purposely picked me up because I might come home earlier than him? Did he try to cover up? But another thing...it was taken just in front of the Eustass building.'

"Ahem, aren't you gonna answer that call?" Morgan said softly. Your eyes traveled to your phone on the table that you didn't notice ringing. Slowly, you reached to answer the call.

"What Kid?" You asked with a lace of irritation in your voice.

"Where are you? Killer wants us to have dinner at the mansion."