C8: Scratchmen Apoo

Friday.

Last working day of the week but with a lot of activities before you meet your punishment by tomorrow.

Linlin assigned you and your husband to attend an outreach program in an orphanage on behalf of the family. The orphanage is rarely visited by the assigned branch of the World Government and Linlin thought it would be okay to include them to the family program.

Government is not always considered as something reliable.

Of course you added the visit to your schedule with no problem since it is for your mother and the children from the orphanage. There was no hassle too because Linlin gave you everything needed, the snack, toys, educational kits, and two purchased One Piece Film for the children.

However, Kid said he'll be late for the event. You don't want his late ass to be ruining your mood especially that you're meeting children today so didn't care much. Besides, Kid sent two employees to assist you and to ensure his later arrival.

The orphanage staff greeted everyone while entering the hall for the program. You, along with the two assistants, carried the boxes of toys for the games and the food. The orphanage looked old and needs repainting but it looks sturdy enough to house a lot of children.

A loud music coming from the road that can be seen from the window took all of the attention. The music is coming from a vehicle with a piano key design on the side. Two more vehicles arrived with the same design on the side.

A guy came out of the leading vehicle. He had a big grin on his face that showed his piano-looking teeth. His long brown hair is also tied up with ornaments with it.

You've seen him before from the wedding and he was with Kid too during that night on the VIP room.

"Oh, we didn't expect Mr. Apoo to be here as well, I'll just meet them at the entrance." One of the staff excused himself. You busied yourself together with your assistants on sorting the toys on the boxes to start the program later on.

Minutes later, Apoo entered the premises with his men carrying his musical stuffs and maybe it was for the kids on the orphanage.

"Oh, Mrs. Eustass is here too." He greeted. You smiled at him and greeted back respectfully. The staff started entering the room to help with the preparation. There are also young ones around 10 to 12 years old who came to arrange chairs while Apoos men went to arrange the sound system and speakers.

"I wonder where your husband is." Apoo looked around, searching for the specific red head.

"He'll be late, he's a bit busy." You said politely.

"Pfft, probably with his mistress." Apoo chuckled as his gaze were on you, waiting for your reaction. Immediately, your wide eyes darted to him then slowly squinting your eyes and furrowing your brows.

"You have proof?" Your voice sounded low but with a hint of warning as you raise a brow. All those smiles and politeness faded instantly.

"I don't but--"

"You don't" You cut him off abruptly. "So don't speak ill of my husband because he is not around to defend himself." You took a deep breath and straightened your posture even though it will not make a difference on the height gap between you two.

Apoo looked around to see the hall filled with the orphanage's staff as well as the small children who started entering the hall as the program is about to start. There was also a camera on live for Apoo's channel that was set by his men but you were oblivious to the camera focusing on you two. You're attention is on Apoo.