C9: Punishment Day

You noticed a little change around your surroundings.

You're starting to be confused about how you view your husband.

Aside from loyalty, what else do you really want from him?

The sudden knock on the door took your mind back to reality.

"Y/n?" Your husband called from outside.

You stood immediately from your bed and opened the door to see Kid standing there, wearing shorts and inside slippers as usual.

"What?" You furrowed your brows. For how many months of living with him, he's not the type to be knocking at your door.

"Tsk, just checking if you're alive." He grumbled. He was about to step away from your door but your hand instinctively grabbed his arm.

He was taken aback by the sudden action but even you were surprised on why you did that. He moved again to face you better, letting your hand hold him.

"Something wrong?" He asked with his eyes examining yours. You put your hand down as your brows furrowed while looking at your toes. To be true, your brain is telling you not to let go for unknown reason but you don't want to embarrass yourself.

"Nothing." You answered.

"It's Saturday, let's grab lunch."

"Lunch?" You raised your eyes on him as you were confused.

"It's already 11 am, you've been sleeping for the whole time so I checked if you're dead."

'wooooow, my typical husband's attitude.'

Although, he is acting more and more different each day, you are confused if he is only doing this to hide the fact that he's been out with a pink haired woman, if he's only doing such change to make you believe that there's nothing to worry about behind your back. Is it a possibility? or maybe just a product of overthinking and trust issues?

"If I was dead, would you be happy?" You raised a brow and crossed your arms in your chest while squinting your eyes on him.

"No. Because you will be a nuisance and ruin my weekend. I don't want to spend my weekend with the cops investigating me just because you died from your own stupidity." He said.

"Urgh" You rolled your eyes and retreated back to the room to plop flat on your bed lazily with your face burying on the soft bed. "Go away Kid!" voice muffled by the sheets.

You heard footsteps walking close to your bed then something shifted beside you. You raised your head and was surprised that Kid is laying beside you with his hands behind his head serving as his pillow. While his eyes were looking at the ceiling, you can't help but stare at his side profile but wait a damn minute...

"Why the fuck are you invading my personal space?" you blurted out, not used to him being inside the room or being beside you in bed.

"You might be thinking that we've been together for how many months already and I'm still the same. Well, it's rare for me to act kind for the sake of this marriage but you're still acting like a bi-atch too." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, you're an asshole." You retorted.

"Well I guess we're both a headache to each other."

"Kid..."

"What?"

'Are you cheating on our marriage?' That's what you wanted to say but somehow, you wanted to be more careful with the information you have. After all, Morgans is still on the field to gather much more provable evidence. You can't give him a sign of your hidden investigation or else he'll catch your tail in no time and all of the efforts will be wasted.