C5: First Report

It has been a week after that VIP reservation thing and since then, there was a little change within the house. There was no nonsense argument that elicited, though there is not much interactions which was already a normal thing from the beginning.

Piled with a lot of paperwork, you forgot that it is already lunch time. When you're too occupied with your work, hunger can't even bother you.

Even the opening of the office door didn't catch your attention until a paper bag of bento box dropped on your table that startled your concentration and made you flinch.

"FUUC--- Kid??" instead of being angry, it surprised you to see him here in your office for the first time.

"Didn't you receive my message? I said I'll come over for lunch." He said.

"I-- I didn't check my phone. Sorry about that"

'wait, why am I even apologizing, this is not like me'

"I called your secretary when you didn't reply. They said you were too busy so I went to pick up some food." He took the bento box and placed it to the table near the window where the view of the busy city is seen.

"You can go ahe--"

You didn't even finish your sentence when Kid held your wrist and pulled you to stand up. You complained but he only pulled you to where the couch is and pushed your shoulders to sit down there before going to the opposite couch.

"Will you just eat, instead of glaring at me?" He said upon noticing you making faces. You were not glaring, that's just how you look at people whenever they're acting out of character from how you've known them. You rolled your eyes and sighed in defeat as you open your bento box. It has your favorite food that instantly made your mouth water. The food made you realize you are really hungry at this point.

The lunch was nice and peaceful until your phone on your office table dinged when it received a message. It might be an important one so you stood to get it.

The screen showed Morgans' name and you opened it immediately. Morgans' message stated that he needs you to come over to their office, he also advised you to eat a lot before heading there.

'There's something, isn't?'

Somehow, you can feel a bit of disappointment inside you. But why would you if you're secretly competing against Kid to win the written agreement.

"Y/n?"

What made you think twice? You were sure back then when you started this plan, but why is there a bit of something you can't explain, an uncertainty maybe.

"Y/n??" Kid pats the table lightly just enough to get your attention. You sighed and made your way to sit back on the couch.

"Tell me, Kid. You need something in exchange of this bento box you gave, isn't it?" Eyes looking at him intently.

"You made it sound like you don't appreciate an effort." He retorted. 

"Just speak your purpose." Calmly speaking but holds a strict manner.

"Cavendish invited us again on their car show, I forgot to tell you last night. It will be held later this evening."

"Okay, we can go after my office hours."

"Uh, the problem is...I can't make it. I have an appointment, is it okay if you go on without me? You can go with Robin and Nami, Cavendish mentioned their names as guests of the event too."

You furrowed your brows, not liking his words. He never missed an event with you. Whenever public presence is needed, he's always with you. Maybe you two have not really gotten along the way but he attends special events with you to avoid suspicions from the media and to keep a good image as a representative of the Eustass and Charlotte family. It's bothering you now, especially that he loves this type of event. Kid love anything about car auctions , races and mechanics so why wouldn't he attend tonight?