C14: Bonney

It took some time before Kid made an appointment for you and Bonney.

At the Eustass building lobby, one of their employees assisted you to wait there. They keep asking you from time to time for anything that you might need or like while you wait.

"Boss Kid wanted to make sure you don't get irritated while you wait." the employee said which made no sense to you for all you know is that Kid loves irritating the shit out of you most of the time.

"It's okay. You can go back to what you're doing. I'll be alright, don't worry." You smiled as they smiled back and let you have your alone time at the lobby.

While waiting on a sunny morning, you decided to scroll on your phone to check your lists of things to do for the following days.

Being on the phone, you didn't notice Kid and Bonney has already arrived at the entrance.

"She looks hotter in person." Bonney whispered while they were walking towards you.

"Hey." Kid warned, not liking the way she said it.

"A lot of guys and maybe gays must be into her."

"Hey."

"Oh my gosh, I might ev--"

"Will you shut the fuck up, Bonney?!" Kid hissed lowly, not wanting to catch your attention while they approach you from a distance. "That's my wife you're talking about."

"By paper. Your wife on a piece of paper." Bonney corrected. "I never heard you saying you love her, Kid. Pffft."

She stopped on her tracks while Kid did too after few steps ahead of her. He turned to look at his companion, wondering why she stopped walking.

"Let me guess, Kid..." Bonney trailed with a growing smirk painted on her feature. "You never told her the words 'I love you, y/n' not even in your wedding day, am I right?"

Kid frowned, trying to recall but even if his memory is not that sharp, he cannot deny the fact that Bonney was right.

"This is an arranged marriage for business and all that matter is the written agreement and our loyalty to one another. That's all she have to know." Kid said.

"HAHAHA, loyalty? Then why you're always calling me? Where's the trust and loyalty to that? Oh right, how can it exist if you two cannot even get along with one another?"

Kid gritted his teeth as all the reasoning in his head became clouded. His mouth formed into a snarl while staring at Bonney. He knew Bonney is just messing with him but her statement is also true.

Bonney glanced over to your direction while you're oblivious to their presence near you. "Ahh, poor Y/N. But as long as our mouths are shut, you have everything under control." Bonney giggled a little then skipped joyfully towards you, leaving Kid behind.

"Hi." A lovely lady voice filled the silence that made you turn to its direction. Your eyes landed on the pink haired woman that you keep seeing on Morgans' report. She's tall with pearly skin, grin so wide with warm purple eyes looking back at you.

"You look prettier in person." Your mouth spelled the words that was in your head without a second thought.

"Hmm?" Bonney wondered what you meant by your statement.

"W-well I mean, you look prettier than the photos that Kid showed me." You said as an alibi.

Her mouth fell in 'o', accepting your words.

"I'm Bonney, Kid told me about your suspicions." Bonney said frankly but she's smiling.

Your body ran cold yet your cheeks turned red from embarrassment. You weren't aware that Kid told her about your suspicions. Now that you can confirm she's not a third party, it made you feel like the bad person for thinking such thing. What can you do, those were the reports given to you.