C23: Shattered

(My background song while doing the chapter is still "All I want" by Olivia Rodrigo)

"Kid, you may pack up your things and go."

Kid's eyes widened in shock, feeling his body turning cold. He ran in front of you to stop you from taking a further step but your eyes won't meet his.

"What the hell!? I thought we're going to fix this--"

"Fix what!?"

His hands that were about to hold you paused midair before even touching your skin.

Upon realizing your tone, you took a deep breath and shut your eyes.

"What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment, Kid? I--I know I'm not a perfect wife but why? What did I ever do to you and to your friends to make fun of me?" Your voice cracked followed by involuntary tears rolling down your cheeks, trying to dry it with your palm aggressively.

You hated it.

You hated feeling like this after a long time of protecting your fragile heart only to be shattered by one man, your own husband whom you trusted with it.

"Nothing...You did nothing wrong, I was wrong." Throughout the marriage, Kid had learned to humble himself and take his mistakes responsibly. Somehow, he felt like he was already too late to do it for the sake of the marriage.

"I know you married me just for business purposes but playing with my feelings and dignity was unacceptable Kid. You all betrayed me in a way that you all took advantage of my trust just to make fun of me."

"Y/N, you know that's not true!" His voice started to raise as well in hope that you'll listen and believe him.

"Then why did you marry me?!" You shouted, louder than you've ever done in this house as you glare at him straight into his soul. "No one was forcing you unlike me, I need to comply with mama's request!"

"I was selfish, okay?! I know that but the arrange marriage was the only way I know to have you."

"Have me? Cavendish said you wanted more gain. Were you using those stolen pictures to blackmail my family to do whatever you want? You knew how much we value our image to the business industry, right? Is that why you agreed to the Written Agreement of our marriage because you thought you could gain more?"

"How many times should I tell you it was never about money it's because!....I wanted you." the last words came out weakly from his mouth, his face softened feeling the guilt inside eating him.

"No." You shook your head with disbelief. "If you really wanted me, you wouldn't hurt me this bad."

You were right, he knows you were right. Kid was already reprimanded about the outcome of his project but he still didn't listen.

"If you really wanted me, you would have trusted me from the moment you married me or from the moment I gave myself to you. If you really wanted me, you wouldn't treat our relationship like a game! We're not teenagers."

"I know! I was wrong, I admit it and I'm sorry."

"Everything was said and done. Cavendish, Bonney and you have earned my trust and used it to make a fool of me. How does it feel, huh? Did you all laugh at my misery? Did you laugh everything I told them?"

"I never did. Don't believe everything that Cavendish said, some of it were bullshit."

"But the overall of what he said only means you never trusted me, right?" You looked at him and you felt the disappointment when you saw guilt painted all over his face as he averted his gaze. He didn't even try to defend himself from that.