C27: Last Race

Christmas has passed and the new year has come. Few more weeks, it'll be your wedding day but before that, the last race.

" Are you sure about this? You stopped racing for almost a year and you only had a few training sessions before this match." You were holding Kid's helmet while looking at your reflection from its visor.

" Really? You're still doubting me?" Kid rubbed your arm after wearing his gloves.

" No, but--"

Kid kissed you just to make you stop.

"I'll be fine. Trust me." He kissed your forehead and hugged you tightly.

"I trust you." You murmured, hugging him back as if you'd never see him again. There was a small panic inside you but you can't tell where it's coming from. You just hope it's nothing serious.

Kid leaned back and squeezed your cheeks lightly because you were pouting at him.

" We got a surprise for you waiting at the stadium bleachers with Killer and the others. I want you to go there and watch me, okay?"

" Surprise?" You asked while he's still cupping and squeezing your cheeks like a stress ball.

" You'll see when you get there." Kid smiled.

"Ahem, boss? We're all set." The familiar mohican guy called out. He wore the same outfit as Kid since he is Kid's teammate and support driver in this race.

" Copy." Kid said and Mohawk went ahead.

" We will win this race, don't worry." Kid whispered to you.

" You don't have to win, I want you to be safe."

" You worry too much, baby." Kid let out a small laugh and kissed you again.

-----

Cavendish along with Gatz from Dressrosa and two more hosted today's race. Not a single seat is empty inside the stadium. Everybody wanted to watch the race today as well as witness Kid's last race before retiring.

The surprise that Kid mentioned earlier was one of the best. Everyone from the East town greeted you along with the Eustas Brothers.

"Everyone is here." Twinkle in your eyes were obvious.

" This is Kid's surprise." Killer said. It really was a heartwarming surprise.

The race started nicely and smoothly. There were times when Apoo was able to reach the lap first and there was one point when Hawkins reached the lap first.

However, the event has come into the last lap where it will determine the winner of this race. Out of the 7 racers, only Kid, Apoo and Hawkins had higher gain points.

The last lap is their last chance to prove their victory to the whole stadium.

Hawkins and Apoo took a pit stop but Kid thought he would lose if he took the stop during that moment.

Kid didn't make pit stop before going to the last lap. However, he's not disqualified since he made four pitstops earlier.

"Kid, why didn't you stop? You are not lightning McQueen." Shanks spoke through the radio. Shanks is Kid's long-time performance coach. Kid didn't like him but Killer preferred Shanks because he likes to discipline him and he's the only coach who can tame Kid.

"It's the last lap, I can make it." Kid answered back. He took the lead with Apoo and Hawkins close to him again after their pit stop. The other racers were a little bit distant to reach them.