C26: Visit

You got up in the morning earlier than your alarm. It's going to be a long day again and it's time to face the media to tell them about your status with the famous race car driver, Eustass Kid. If only Kid is not as famous as he is today, media wouldn't be your problem.

As you passed by the door on Kid's old room, you decided to take a peak first on that empty space.

"Hmm, I'll need to call someone to renovate this room." You spoke to yourself while looking at the dark ceiling and bloody red colored walls. It was Kid's favorite shades but since he'll move out, you thought a renovation is needed.

You closed the door and headed down stairs to start preparing for breakfast for yourself.

After eating and dressing up for the day, you took your car keys and went out of the house to start a new beginning.

-------

To immediately abolish the issue that Apoo created, Kid thought it would be best to settle it in a public announcement as well as announcing his official last race on the tracks.

Of course, a lot of his companions and fans were sad about the news. Kid went on hiatus during the arranged marriage and people really thought he'd come back after a year but it ended up to be the opposite.

Kid has been into illegal races during his teenage days up until he has reached the top generation for Formula 1 drivers followed by Heat.

Racing has been his whole life. However, he wanted to give himself more time to spend it with something more important.

"Sorry, I'm late." You apologized and kissed Kid on the cheek. The interview has started but Kid already knew you we're busy since this is the month of December, it's only natural.

"It's okay." Kid smiled, stealing a peck on your lips before letting you sit beside him.

" Are you retiring for your own good or are you retiring to cover up the issue between you and your wife?" An interviewer asked.

" What about your pit crew? Did they know this beforehand?" Another interviewer asked. All of them are trying to get as much information as they could.

" Issue? There's no issue to cover. Y/n and I had a fight, true, but that is normal for a couple. Apoo took a video of us then spread misinformation to the public. Apoo never had a girlfriend even if he's a famous youtuber and a race car driver that's why he DOESN'T understand that a fight in a relationship is normal and it's not always a big issue." Kid answered with a tone of mocking Apoo. He knew too well that Apoo is watching the live interview somewhere. "And about my pit crew, they will have Papasu as their new lead driver. He's been my support driver for many years and I think he'll carry the team just as how we did it before."

"Question for miss Y/N, did you ask Mr. Kid to step down on his career."

"No, I didn't. It was his own choice." You answered.

"But why retire so early during a peak performance? There should be other reasons, right? Is it really true that you have nothing to do with it?" One of the interviewer asked.

Kid didn't like the way the interviewer stated their question and you can tell it by a small glance. He straightened up from his seat so you placed a hand on his thigh, squeezing it lightly. You can tell he's trying his best to avoid flipping the tables in front.

" I have nothing to do with it. I'm not the type of a partner who controls what my partner should do. We are free to have our own decisions in our career, whatever we may take... We will always support one another." You smiled confidently.