C22: Meeting

Everybody is on the edge knowing that Linlin does not tolerate an absence of a family member. She is known to love gatherings especially this last month of the year. She believes that her children may not show themselves for as long as they want but they would have to show up at least once a year to reunite with the whole family.

Linlin's children who are already working are the ones who sat on the long table to discuss the upcoming holiday season. Younger ones are excluded since they live here with Linlin until they finish their studies.

Linlin came in and took a sit in the end of the long table, opposite to Perospero. She looked around and her sight landed on the four brothers sitting near Peros.

"Eustass Brothers."

"We were told to attend this family meeting since Y/N is still missing." Kid said. Linlin raised a brow like she's observing him with a cold stare but Kid didn't faze.

"I would like to discuss some things with you. Since this is a family matter, every adult in this family is present along with your family." Linlin said.

"Y/N is still m--"

"Let me get to the point, Kid. My daughter Y/N is very loyal to the family. She's an important asset to the family business to be honest. She's hard working and never opposed me once, so...in exchange, I can look over this problems and forget the agreement's punishment if you decided to divorce my daughter." Linlin said. Her children remained listening intently as well as the Eustass Brothers.

"No, there will be no divorce. Look--" Kid was immediately cut off when his voice started to raise.

"Watch your tone." Katakuri grumbled under his scarf. Kid gave him a side eye glare but Killer kicked his foot lightly underneath the table, reminding him to calm down. Kid closed his eyes while having his jaw clenched for a moment before clearing his throat to speak again.

"As I was saying, there will be no divorce. I know this is all my fault and things got out hand. What happened that night was supposed to be the last test for her loyalty. What Cavendish said were true but some were lies." Kid explained, taking Killer's advice from last night. Admit one's mistake and make up for it.

"My daughter didn't give me much details about the issue or about what Cavendish have said. I wasn't informed much on what had happened but I will give Y/N the freedom on how to deal with you." Linlin said.

"It was just a test that failed."

"Now that you've seen her devastated because of that cheap TEST you did, are you happy with the outcome?" Smoothie said, crossing her arms in her chest with a cold stare but Kid is not bothered by it. Ever since they stepped inside the Charlotte's home, the cold atmosphere greeted them from that point.

"Of course not! I'm not an idiot! " Kid answered.

"Brother, please watch your tone." Wire spoke calmy beside him. Kid keeps forgetting he's not in his territory to be acting up.

"In the first place, why did you ask Mama to marry our sister if you didn't trust her loyalty? Is it because of profit? We can give you some amount and you can leave our dear sister alone." Cracker glared at him while smirking.

"Shut up, purple head." Kid retorted. Cracker rolled his eyes and laughed like a villain, knowing it hits Kid right into his nerves.

"You see that attitude of yours..." Cracker smirk. "What a bozooooo."

Knowing Kid, his short temper got the best of him. He stood aggressively, his chair almost falling backwards. He placed his hands on the table to lean towards Cracker's direction which is thankfully a bit far from his reach. Heat and Wire tried pulling him down but the red head is a little aggressive.