C7: What If's

Kid didn't mind you accepting Cavendish's invitation for tonight. He said he doesn't care as long as you get back home or call him if you need someone to pick you up. Your husband even said that you're on your own if you'll break the rules of the written agreement, primary or secondary page.

"Hey, I'm glad you didn't decline my invitation." Cavendish smiled. He is wearing black tattered jeans and purple shirt with two unbuttoned buttons that showed a little of his pale chest. He's leaning on the side of his car parked outside the bar, patiently waiting for your arrival.

"I just needed a bit of time outside the office and my house. Besides, Kid didn't mind." You smiled.

"Oh, you told him?" He seems to be surprised as both of you went inside the bar.

"Yeah" You grimaced upon remembering why Kid let you go out tonight.

"You can go, enjoy the night because I'll be punishing you on Saturday." Kid grinned. Not a dangerous one but more like of a child thinking of something evil. You rolled your eyes and relaxed on your chair.

"As long as you don't make any issues about Cavendish. But you can come too if you want." You said.

"That's fine. I'll be home, planning on how to punish you. HAHAHAHA."

"Idiot." You muttered. He heard you but chuckled anyways.

You two had a little drink and chit chats back and fourth about almost anything. You wanted to drink and drown your unexplainable feeling towards Kid and the situation but you're going to drive yourself home alone.

Hanging out with Cavendish doesn't seem bad. He was able to lift your mood and distract your mind. Its no wonder he's a great host for car shows and auction events and the like. He is like a charm that can get anyone's favor with just a smile and he's a good listener too.

"How's it going with Kid?" He asked.

The sudden flash of the picture from Morgans' report crossed your mind again.

"Good."

"Good, but your voice says otherwise." He said and took a sip while looking at you.

"What do you mean?" You gave out a little laugh, a bitter one as it sounded.

"I can tell something is bothering you whenever I ask about your husband. Tell me, something happened?"

That question made you pause. Your smile turned to a melancholic expression as you took another sip.

"It's just that...few more months and it will be our anniversary but we... never had any progress to get along." It's not exactly what's been bothering you but your statement wasn't a lie either.

"Why would that bother you? It seems like he is not the type of guy who can easily change, maybe a little more time? " He is not wrong, that's what Killer said too before. Give Kid a little more time to change but when will it exactly happen?

"I'm aware of it, and that's what I hate about him. I tried to adjust but we always end up fighting or ignoring each other. I don't know, maybe... there's really no hope for us. Getting along with that redhead must be a delusion." You laughed bitterly at that thought. It was only then that you realized how the current marriage's situation plus Morgans' report had sent a pang to you emotionally.

"If it felt toxic, why don't you file a divorce?"

"It's not that easy being a Charlotte." You answered instead of telling him the real matter of the written agreement. That's only for the Eustass and Charlotte family to know. Cavendish might be a good listener but there are certain things that you cannot talk about.