C21: Brawl

The art inserted is owned by akbrchrl on DevianArt

NORTH CAMP BRIDGE (Going to North Blue) 11:00 PM

"The police found a female's body on the North Camp Bridge, she's around her 20's" Heat said in panic while reading his phone. An officer he knew sent him that message but was unsure of the identity of the female at the moment because it was only found recently. Killer went full speed to take a route going to the north of the city.

Arriving at the bridge, the police headlights and tapes can be seen down below near the shoreline. They rushed their way down until Smoker, the in-charge, blocked their way from going through the police tape.

"Wait here, we don't want the place to be contaminated." Smoker said. Two of the police officers carrying a cadaver pouch on the stretcher approached them. Smoker directed a flashlight to the head then carefully pulled the bag's zipper.

Kid leaned closer to see the face better. Just at one glance, he knew the body inside the cadaver pouch is not you.

After seeing the woman's face, he exhaled the air he was holding. The other brothers exhaled too from holding their breath from nervousness.

"It's not her." Kid said, relief flushing through.

"I see. Other police officers will remain on search until there's no news about your wife." Smoker zipped the cadaver back then it was taken away.

EAST CAMP BRIDGE (Route to the Eastern) 11:30 PM

"Hey!" A females voice called after her motorcycle stopped immediately near you. She quickly got off from the motorcycle and rushed to you.

" You're not planning on--" She paused upon seeing your face closely. Although you looked horrible from crying, she recognized you.

"Miss Y/N!"

She said your name as you gave her the weird look. She took off her helmet and her smile greeted you.

"Masclara, what an odd time to see you pass by here." You said with a weak smile upon recognizing her. She works at a restaurant near your building. Whenever you were too busy with work in your office or you had no time to go out, she's just one call away. She always cooks food then delivers it to your office personally.

"Deliveries. Gotta use my time to earn more money." She smiled. "By the way, why are you here by yourself? It's dangerous especially this late of night."

Masclara removed her hoodie to cover your body with it and prevent you from shivering due the evening breeze.

"Thank you." You smiled but bitterly, your eyes became watery again. She pulled you into a caring hug, placing her other hand to the back of your head to slowly let your forehead lean down on her shoulder while her other hand caressed your back gently.

"I'm tired." Your voice broke and let yourself to be a crying mess without thinking about anything else but hurtful feelings.

"Do your husband know you're here?"

You shook your head from her hold.

"We had a fight."

She gasp then sighed, hugging you tighter hoping it'll comfort you somehow.

"Would it be okay to ask what happened, dear?"

She's not the type of a person to broadcast personal information of anyone so you knew you could at least tell her your problem. Besides, after what happened tonight, everything will eventually spread like a virus by tomorrow.