C17: Heat

The Eustass brothers are in the main office located on the top floor of the company building. Usually, they gather here when there's a big discussion about business or other matters just like today.

"Bro, don't you think it's time to stop this?" Wire asked.

"This is not right, brother. It could... No... It WILL hurt y/n if she finds out. This is not the correct way." Heat commented while looking at Kid with those gloomy aura circling around him.

"She said it herself, there was nothing intimate between us. I don't think it will hurt her feelings if she ever finds out." Kid said, a little lifeless while he stares into nothingness. He said it may not hurt your feelings but he's also concerned that his brothers may be right.

" Don't you care about her?" Killer said.

"I do--"

"Then what's the problem with her, Kid?" Killer interrupted him but calmly.

"Cavendish."

Everyone paused and all eyes darted on him. They didn't expect Cavendish to be his major concern because they've known the man before marriage.

"Every time he calls her, I can tell she's happy. When he invites her, she'd go as if they're close friends." Kid reasoned, throwing his hands in the air as his eyes darted on the ceiling.

"So, you're jealous?" Wire asked, anticipating a 'yes' as an answer but Kid acted like he didn't hear anything. "Ohhhh, you ARE jealous." Wire raised a brow and nodded along with Heat and Killer while Kid remained silent, glaring at the ceiling now.

"Bro, I thought you settled everything that night after the dinner at our mansion? Few more months and it'll be your wedding anniversary." Wire commented while he looks worried.

"We even helped you cover your issues with Bonney because we're your brothers but be considerate to Y/n's feelings too." Heat tried convincing Kid, almost pleading to stop whatever he is doing.

" But what if she had developed feelings for Cavendish? He's the good guy after all. And me? Tsk." Kid said.

"YOU are closer to her than Cavendish. You and Y/N has been sleeping in one bed once in a while and we saw how she cared for you when we brought you home intoxicated. Don't tell me you wanted sexual intercourse just to assure her loyalty, because I'll be disgusted." Killer gave him the side eye, visible under those curtain of bangs.

"What?! No!" Kid jolted and straightened from his seat. "I know her boundaries and I respect that. Sex is not necessary, I just... needed more proof to know she won't turn her back on me." Kid explained while his cheeks were dusted with airy pink.

"With Bonney being in the city and Y/N meeting her every once in a while...I doubt things can be hidden anymore." Wire said and sips his coffee.

"Remember the time she found out you're out with Bonney? Brother, how do you think she got those information? Someone out there is telling everything about you, it wouldn't be too hard for her to connect things again and finally realize you and Bonney were up to something fishy." Heat said.

"I'm afraid she'll just betray me someday. It's better to keep it like this until I can be sure of her." Kid said.

"Then why did you marry her and risked our property to the Written Agreement if you were not sure about her? It wasn't about business expansion, right? So why did you marry her?" Killer's point made Kid shut his mouth.

"Let's say Y/N has no feelings for you... if she finds out what you're doing, do you think she'll ever trust you or us again? Trust is everything." Heat sighed, stressed from all this bullshit of his brother. He stood up and headed for the door to find an escape from the heavy atmosphere. "If the marriage is important to you, you wouldn't treat her like a chess piece."