001

Chloe and Caroline Forbes could not have been more different

Chloe and Caroline Forbes could not have been more different. It would be easier and shorter to list the way they were similar really.

The girls were twins. Not identical. Not enough for them to switch places and pull a complete Parent Trap. But enough so that with one glance you could tell. Sisters.

Caroline was the younger twin, by three minutes. She always had her hair curled and her lips were always pained a nice bubblegum pink. She was peppy and energetic. Kind of like a golden retriever.

Chloe was the opposite. A giant rain cloud that followed her sister's effervescent sunshine. She put effort into her looks like Caroline, they were teenagers after all. But while Caroline went for fresh and pink, Chloe went for dark and red. Sometimes black.

If Caroline was Glinda the good witch then Chloe was Elvira, mistress of the dark.

But despite their differences, they were inseparable. Well, more like Chloe had to live with Caroline's incessant perkiness because they were sisters, but still, she loved Caroline nonetheless.

Growing up in a small town like Mystic Falls had its benefits. It was relatively safe. You could wake up for school at 7:45 and have enough time to get there at eight. And small-town kids definitely knew how to party. The major downside was that everyone knew everyone.

And everyone knew everyone's business. Just like how the entire town knew that Caroline and Chloe's dad moved out and left them to go live with his boyfriend, Stephen, everyone knew what happened to their friend, Elena Gilbert's parents.

They had been in a terrible car accident and Elena, who was sitting in the backseat, was the only survivor. Elena, along with her younger brother Jeremy, was lucky enough not to have to move away from home. Their aunt Jenna had come to stay with them.

It was the first day of school after summer break and Chloe and Caroline were happy to see their friend who had been MIA since her parent's funeral.

When the two girls arrived at school, Chloe driving because Caroline was a terrible driver, they went straight for their friend, Bonnie Bennet's, locker. It's where the four of them met up every morning.

"Elena!" Caroline shouted when she saw her. "Oh, it's so good to see you" she added, looking Elena over before turning to Bonnie.

"How is she? Is she good?"

"Caroline, I'm right here. And I'm fine. Thank you" Elena smiled, having mentally prepared herself for people treating her like this after what happened.

"Caroline, you're smothering her," Chloe said, leaning against the locker next to her. Elena looked like she was one more how are you from pulling her hair out.

"I'm not! I just want to make sure she's okay!" Caroline exclaimed. "I'm fine. Swear" Elena sighed.

"Oh my god you poor thing" Caroline cooed and pulled Elena into a hug. Bonnie and Chloe looked at each other and rolled their eyes.