015

Deciding that that they had enough of watching their parents/guardians get drunk, they all headed back to Stefan's place

"We're in the car now. We could just drive off" Tyler said as he followed Matt's truck to the property.

"We can't leave. Caroline would kill me and you're not the one who has to live with her" she said.

"But you agree that this is a train wreck?" he asked.

"Oh, it's an absolute disaster" Chloe nodded as she put the car in park.

When they all walked inside, Caroline and Matt were in awe of the inside of Stefan's house.

"Oh, yeah. This is much better than watching Damon visit Cougar Town" Caroline said. "No offense."

"Don't remind me" Matt said. "Man, I've always wanted to see what it looks like in this place."

"Yeah, I guess it's uh, a bit much," Stefan said.

"Yeah, my entire house could fit in here, like, twice," Matt said.

"I feel like I've been here before," Caroline said. "It's weird."

Chloe looked at her sister curiously, wondering if Damon had ever brought her here while she was compelled.

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie or something?" Elena asked.

"Yes, please," Chloe said, thinking that the less talking they did, the better.

But Matt caught sight of the model cars that Stefan collected and thought they were the coolest thing ever.

So Stefan decided to show them the actual car that he did have.

"Prepare yourself, my friend" as he lifted the tarp off an old vintage car that was just sitting in the garage.

"Whoa, wait. How do you have this?" Matt asked.

"Got passed down through the family," Stefan said.

"Why don't you drive it?" Tyler asked as he and Matt looked it over.

"Well, it, uh, doesn't run. I mean, it's not that I couldn't figure it out" Stefan said.

"Well, why would you keep a car that doesn't run?" Caroline asked.

"Be more of a girl right now" Matt said and Caroline just rolled her eyes.

"Hey, why don't you, uh, come take a look at this for me?" Stefan said.

"Elena, remember the old Camaro your dad used to have?" Matt asked.

"Of course" Elena smiled.

"Yeah. I built and rebuilt that engine 20 times" Matt said.