013

At the party, rock music was blasting and there was a huge bonfire that tons of people were crowded around

At the party, rock music was blasting and there was a huge bonfire that tons of people were crowded around. It made Chloe wonder why all their most fun parties happened on the coldest nights in town.

Chloe was with Tyler, a red solo cup in her hand when Jeremy walked past her.

"Hey! Loner boy" she teased. "You came!"

"Yeah. I, uh, figured I'd see what all the fuss was about" Jeremy said.

"You, uh, you got any weed?" Tyler asked.

"Wait, you're kidding me, right?" Jeremy asked. "You act like a total dick every time we cross paths and now you want to party with me?"

"Lighten up, Gilbert. I'm just asking you a question" Tyler said.

"Look, I don't get you, man," Jeremy said.

"It's a party. You're a partyer, okay? There's no need to psychoanalyze it" Tyler said.

"I don't party anymore. Even if I did, it wouldn't be with you" Jeremy said.

"Okay, well as much as watching whatever...this is, I wanna dance," Chloe said, tugging Tyler's arm as she pulled him away.

"You saw that right?" Tyler asked.

"Yes, Ty, I saw. And you didn't hit him so congrats, you get bonus points" she teased.

"Oh really? Can I cash in those points for anything?" he asked, smiling as he pulled her into a kiss.

"Chloe! I need to talk to you!" Caroline exclaimed as she rushed over.

"Mmm, Care, can't this wait?" Chloe asked, still hanging onto Tyler as she looked at her.

"No. It can't! I'm calling in my twin emergency card!" Caroline said.

Chloe groaned, starting to hate that she even made up that rule. "Fine" she muttered before turning back to Tyler. "Don't go anywhere. I'll be right back."

Chloe followed Caroline over to a more secluded part of the party where it wasn't as loud.

"Okay, what happened?" she asked.

"I think I ruined things with Matt," Caroline said.

"How? Things were good between you two like seconds ago" Chloe said.

"I know but then we ran into Elena and Damon-"

"Wait, you saw Elena and Damon? Here?" Chloe asked.

"Yes! Keep up! So we saw them and I freaked out and grabbed his hand during this weird like possessive girlfriend moment" Caroline said.

"I don't think that that's bad, Care," Chloe said.

"No, it is. We're supposed to be keeping this casual and I totally freaked out" Caroline.