025

The park where the picnic was being held was packed

The park where the picnic was being held was packed. Many people in town volunteered, painting benches and planting flowers. Chloe was stuck painting a gazebo and was happy that she could at least be in the shade.

"What's her problem?"

She looked up to see Damon standing behind her and followed his gaze to see Stefan and Elena, probably in the midst of another argument.

"How am I supposed to know?" she asked.

"And why is your sister being such bitch to your mom?" Damon asked.

"Again, how am I supposed to know?" she asked, as she couldn't help but listen in to Elena and Stefan's argument.

"Do you still care about Katherine?" Elena asked.

"Don't do this, please, don't turn this into something that's it's not" Stefan said as Chloe continued to paint, now fully invested.

"So this isn't up for discussion. That's what you're saying?" Elena asked.

"No, I'm saying that this isn't up for discussion right now because we have ears on us," Stefan said.

Damon quickly picked up a paintbrush as he pretended to paint with her.

"Relationships are about communication" Damon mumbled.

Chloe turned to him and scowled. "Shut up."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Caroline and Chloe found Elena, sitting by the small creek near the back of the park.

"You okay?" Chloe asked as they sat on either side of her.

"No" Elena sighed.

"You know maybe it's for the best," Caroline said.

"It's not for the best, Caroline. None of this is for the best" Elena snapped and sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry. Okay, I...I don't mean to take it out on you. You're just being a good friend."

Caroline sighed and shook her head. "No, I'm not. I'm not being a good friend at all."

"What are you talking about?" Chloe asked.

Caroline was about to say something when saw their mom, walking away from the picnic. "Is she leaving?! Where is she going?"

They quickly stood up and rushed over to her, hearing her call for backup over the phone.

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked.

"Oh, nothing," Liz said, startled as she turned around. "I, uh, I just have something-"

"You mean work? I mean, you suprised me. You lasted longer than five minutes" Caroline said.

"It's important," Liz said.