022

"Finally

"Finally. I've been here for hours. I'm bored" Chloe sighed when Stefan and Damon finally got back.

She was lying on their sofa, pretending to read one of the super old books they had lying around.

"I think the Lockwoods have family secrets," Damon said.

Chloe sat up and looked at him. "What?"

"The Gilbert device affected them but vervain didn't, so they're not vampires. They're something else" he said.

"That ridiculous" Chloe laughed.

"Is this your new obsession?" Stefan asked.

"Oh, you'd rather some unknown supernatural element running rampant in our town fine, I'll drop it," Damon said.

"The Lockwoods are not supernatural," Chloe said.

"And you would know?" Damon asked.

"Considering, I've known that family-"

"You're whole life? Yeah, I heard" Damon said, rolling his eyes as he walked upstairs.

Chloe huffed as she followed him.

"Are you going to the carnival?" she asked.

"Yes. I am. No, you're not" he said.

"Why? The sun's going down" she said.

"You know the sun isn't the problem," he said.

"I'm not gonna eat anybody. I'm not even that hungry" she said.

"You say now. But then someone falls, scrapes a knee, and next thing you know you're sinking your teeth into your fellow cheerleader" Damon said.

"Well if both you and Stefan are going than I can't stay here," she said.

"Your boredom is not my issue," he said.

"I'm not talking about boredom. I mean the fact that we still have no idea if Katherine is gonna come after me and if you leave me here all alone she might try and kill me" Chloe said as Damon narrowed his eyes at her.

"I'll stay by your side the whole time. Promise" she added.

Damon huffed but knew she was right. "Fine. But if you kill anybody, I'm blaming Stefan."