019

Founder's Day was the most eventful day in Mystic Falls

Founder's Day was the most eventful day in Mystic Falls. It was like how the Whos celebrated Christmas in How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Carol Lockwood could be heard shouting at everybody in the parade to get in the right order.

Tons of people in historical costumes hustled around, trying to figure out where they were supposed to be. The entire town lined the streets waiting to see the parade.

Chloe was with Caroline snapping what felt like the hundredth picture of her and Matt. "Say cheese!" she cheered.

"I want one with Chloe now," Caroline said.

Tyler came up behind them and took the camera. "I'll take it," he said.

"I'm gonna go find a spot to watch the parade" she said before walking away, not sparing Tyler a second glance.

She made her way to the starting point of the parade. The crowd was already piling up as the marching band made its way down the street.

"Enjoying the show?" Damon asked as he appeared behind her. "It's not too bad. It was more enjoyable when I was five and just stuffed my face with cotton candy" she said.

"You'd probably have more fun if you were up there with them," he said, pointing to Elena and Caroline who were smiling and waving at the crowd.

"I don't think so. I'm not the...pageant and huge dresses type. Caroline's the pretty one" she said, waving to her sister as she passed by. "She belongs up there. Not me."

Damon was quiet as he looked at her before holding out his hand. "Come on," he said.

"What?"

"Come on" he repeated.

"Where?"

"I'm suddenly really in the mood for cotton candy," he said. Chloe couldn't help the small smile that broke through as she took his hand and let him lead her through the crowd.

They stopped at the cotton candy cart that was on the other side of the town square. "Two please," Damon said and stopped Chloe as she dug around in her purse for her wallet.

"My treat," he said as the man handed them the candy.

"Damon Salvatore a gentleman? Who knew" she said as they walked away.

"Of course I'm a gentleman," he said, as they walked over to a bench to sit down. "I wasn't raised in a barn."

"Well, when you first got here I totally thought the opposite," she said.

"You know you weren't exactly nice to me either," he said.

Chloe laughed. "Because you were doing this whole fake mysterious scary bad guy thing," she said.

"I am scary," he said.

Chloe had to cover her mouth from how hard she was laughing.

"What?" he asked, a smile on his face. "What's so funny?"