035

"Hey! I'm here what's so- oh, um, hi" Chloe said as she walked into the Salvatore house and was met by a man she had never met before

"Um, Chloe this is Elijah. Elijah, Chloe" Elena said.

"Oh. You're the one who's brother is trying to kill everyone" Chloe said.

"That would be me," he said.

"Right. And why exactly is he here?" Chloe asked, looking at Elena.

"Because he has a plan to help us defeat Klaus," Stefan said.

"Right. But he's your brother. I could never kill my own sister, even if she was a homicidal maniac. How do we know we can trust you?" Chloe asked.

"Because Klaus is not my only brother. And I had a sister. All of whom were taken from me at the hands of Klaus" Elijah said.

"Hmm. Well, I guess that is a pretty good reason" Chloe said, sitting next to Elena.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse" Elijah said.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon Curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" Stefan asked.

"Klaus is a vampire borne of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf spect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...he'll be a true hybrid" Elijah said.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asked as he walked in. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying" Elena said.

"I'll write her a great eulogy" Damon suggested.

"Go away, Damon" Chloe sighed.

"It's my house, Chloe," he said.

"No, it's Elena's house, remember" she smirked.

"Alright, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak you already know" Elijah said.

"The moonstone," Stefan said.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both a werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each" Elijah said.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah said, pulling out a small box. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger...to the point of your death."

"And that's where you come in" Elena sighed.

Elijah opened the box and pulled out a small bottle. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."