023

Chloe looked at the ring that Bonnie brought for her

Chloe looked at the ring that Bonnie brought for her. It was a thick silver band with a green rock sitting in the middle. It wasn't the worst thing she'd ever seen but it was definitely not her first choice.

"We don't get to pick the rings we have to wear the rest of our lives?" Caroline asked.

"Hey," Bonnie said. "If you don't want it-"

"No. No, we want them" Chloe said, glaring at Caroline as she set the ring back on the bed.

"Now what?" Caroline asked.

"Now's the part where I explain the rules," Bonnie said.

"There's rules?" Chloe asked and Bonnie nodded.

"The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it. So if you ever do anything to hurt anyone-"

"You think we could hurt someone?" Chloe asked, ignoring the part of her brain that was reminding her that she and Caroline had already killed someone.

"You're a vampire," Bonnie said. "That means the urge to kill is part of who you are. The minute you let it take over, I will stop you."

Chloe scoffed.

"Bonnie, you're supposed to be our friend," Caroline said.

"I can't ignore what happened, okay? You want to be friends you're gonna have to prove that the Caroline and Chloe I remember aren't gone" Bonnie said.

"You might want to scoot back," she said, before she walked over to one of the curtains, pulling it open just enough so that the sun shined down on the rings.

Chloe and Caroline winced as they moved back, careful to stay out of the sunlight. Taking a deep breath, Bonnie stood in front of the rings and mumbled to herself. Everyone looked around, waiting for something else to happen but it never did.

After only a minute, she stopped and picked up the rings, handing it to them. "All done," she said. Chloe took the ring and immediately placed it on her finger.

"So that's it?" Caroline asked once they had them on. "I mean, nothing witchy happened. You know, no flickering lights, no gusts of wind. Have you even done this before?"

"Caroline" Chloe said in a warning tone.

"Well, I just wanna make sure it worked" Caroline shrugged. Bonnie walked over to the curtain and pulled it open. Chloe gasped, shielding herself from the sun but calmed down when she realized it didn't hurt.

"It worked" Bonnie shrugged.

"What if it hadn't Bonnie?!" Caroline exclaimed. Bonnie just smiled at them before turning to Stefan. "They're all yours," she said and turned to leave.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"This seems morbid," Chloe said as she, Caroline, and Stefan walked through the woods.