004

The next night at the pep rally, Chloe walked over to Jeremy who was hanging out in the back of a friend's pickup truck

The next night at the pep rally, Chloe walked over to Jeremy who was hanging out in the back of a friend's pickup truck. "Hey, Jeremy!" she called. "Pour me a cup and I won't tell Elena I saw you."

Jeremy rolled his eyes but poured her one anyway. Thanking him she turned hearing calling Tyler call her name.

"Hey. What's wrong?" she asked, seeing the angry look on his face.

"Nothing" he shrugged. "What are you doing here with him?"

"Ty. Relax" Chloe sighed.

"What? Now you control who she talks to?" Jeremy asked as he hopped off the truck to face him.

"Why don't you just mind your business," Tyler said.

"I'm kinda waiting on you to make me," Jeremy said.

Chloe stumbled back as Tyler threw the first punch. The two boys were quickly engaged in a fight while Chloe shouted at Tyler to stop. The screaming drew over a crowd who watched the two go at it.

Stefan ran over and pulled Tyler off of him. "He's down! Enough!" he shouted. Still enraged Tyler turned around and punched Stefan in the stomach but was surprised to see it didn't do anything.

While Tyler was distracted, Jeremy picked up a piece of glass from a bottle that had been dropped during the fight and turned around, aiming for Tyler when he missed and sliced Stefan's hand open.

Elena rushed over and pulled Jeremy back. "What the hell Jeremy?" she asked.

Chloe rushed over to Tyler as Matt helped him up. "Tyler-"

"I'm fine" he said.

"Okay, just-"

"I said I'm fine" he said, brushing her off as Matt led him to the locker room.

Chloe let out a breath of air and looked over and saw Damon lurking in the shadows behind the crowd.

Curious, she walked over to him, wanting to know why he was being so creepy. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm hiding from Caroline," he told her.

"And why is that?" she asked.

"I needed a break, and she talks more than I can listen," he said.

"It took you this long to figure that out?" she asked.

"I don't see it going anywhere in the bigger picture. I think she'd drive me crazy" he said with a laugh.

"Are you forgetting what I told you yesterday?" Chloe asked, glaring at him.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. It wasn't my intention."

"Yes it is .I have no idea what Caroline sees in you but I can see right through whatever...this is and I'm not buying it. I don't know what kind of weird pissing contest is happening between you and Stefan but Caroline is my sister and you need to leave her out of it."