018

"I assume you already have an idea," Chloe said as she joined Caroline in planning the float for the parade

Caroline nodded. "Let's reference last year's Miss Mystic float," she said, looking up the picture on her laptop.

"This is what they did last year," Caroline said, showing her the picture. "And it's exactly what we don't want to do."

"Right," Chloe said, agreeing that last year's float was ridiculously tacky. "Okay, so what are we doing?"

"Southern classic elegance," Caroline said as she sat up straight with poise.

Chloe's shoulders slumped as she sighed. "Gone With The Wind?" she asked.

"How'd you know?" Caroline gasped.

"It's only like your favorite movie of all time" Chloe said. Caroline laughed and looked around the cafeteria.

"Where are Elena and Bonnie? They're supposed to be helping" she said.

"I don't know. I'm sure they'll turn up soon" Chloe said.

"Okay, spill. What's going on with Bonnie and Elena?" Caroline asked.

"I don't know. It's probably nothing" Chloe shrugged.

"It's not nothing! You know, this whole float is supposed to be about friends creating something together and everyone is fighting. Matt and Tyler hate each other-"

"Hey! What did I say about the T word!"Chloe exclaimed. She pulled out her phone and saw a text from Elena saying to meet her in Alaric's room.

"I'll be right back," Chloe said, standing up.

"Where are you going? I can't work on this by myself!" Caroline shouted.

"I'll be five minutes! Swear" Chloe said and left the cafeteria. She walked into the classroom to see Alaric, Elena, and Stefan. Stefan was the first to approach her.

"Hey. You know I'm really really sorry about the other day" he said.

"Don't worry about it. I understand" she said, not even thinking about it anymore.

"I know but really, I hurt you and I'm sorry," he said.

"Stefan, really. It's no big deal. When we were ten, Caroline pushed me halfway down the stairs just so she could sit shotgun on our way to the outlet mall. My arm was in a cast for two months and she still hasn't apologized. Trust me, I've had worse" she said.

Stefan laughed, thankful she didn't hate him as Damon walked in. "Damon, thanks for coming," Alaric said.

"Sorry, I'm late. The dog ate my, uh, never mind" Damon said, as he looked around the room. Chloe wouldn't make eye contact with him and Elena and Stefan could only frown.