030

The Booster Club barbecue

The Booster Club barbecue. An event that Chloe usually found fun and carefree was now overshadowed by the events of the previous day.

Wearing her cheer uniform, she felt out of place. Like her life had gotten so weird and out of control that now she felt like she was only cosplaying as a teenager.

"Hey. You know for a while I thought you had quit the team" Tyler said as he walked over to her, wearing his football jersey.

"Well I am thinking about it. Vampire cheerleader. I feel like a character from a bad horror movie" she sighed. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Sore. Every muscle aches" he said.

"But you did it. I mean your first full moon and you didn't hurt anyone. And we know that every one will get easier so you got through the hardest part" she said.

"We don't know that for sure," he said.

"No, but I'm trying to be optimistic," she said, poking his cheek. "You should try it sometime."

Tyler laughed as he took her hand. "I really want to thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there."

"You don't have to thank me. I told you I wan't letting you do it alone. But that reminds me, we really need to fix the gate because you did almost get that one time and it would've been um...." Chloe trailed off, forgetting that she didn't want to tell him that part.

"What?"

"Nevermind. It's nothing. Are you hungry? Because I'm starving" she said, trying to change the subject.

"Hey. No, what is it?" he asked.

"Okay, look, don't be mad, it's not a big thing. It's just um, well I've heard that a bite from a werewolf could...kill a vampire" she said, trying to shrug it off.

"What? How do you know that?" he asked.

"I read it, somewhere...I think, I-"

"Chloe! I need to talk to you" Caroline said as she rushed over.

"Not now," Chloe said.

"Yes, now! It's important" Caroline said.

"Fine," Chloe said before she turned to Tyler. "I'll be right back."

Caroline grabbed her hand as she tugged her away. "What is wrong with you?" Chloe asked.

"Rose is dying. Jules bit her" Caroline said.

"Who the hell are Rose and Jules?" Chloe asked.

"Rose is the vampire that Damon was...hooking up with and Jules is Mason's werewolf friend from San Diego who was looking for him," Caroline said.

"Okay. Um, no offense but what does this have to do with me?" Chloe asked.

"Because now we know that those rumors are true. If Tyler bites you-"