033

When they arrived at the Grill, there were more people inside than Chloe had ever seen

When they arrived at the Grill, there were more people inside than Chloe had ever seen. And the band that was playing wasn't that bad.

But as Jenna saw Alaric on the other side of the room she quickly walked off to the other side of the bar.

Caroline perked up as Matt headed in their direction. "Hi, Matt!" she smiled but Matt completely ignored her as he kept walking.

"Things just got real awkward" Bonnie mumbled.

"He said the ball was in your court, Caroline" Chloe said.

"Yeah, but I can't do anything about it," Caroline said.

"Why not? You love him, he loves you" Chloe said.

"Yeah, but I'm still keeping so many secrets," Caroline said.

"Alaric's in the same boat with Jenna. And maybe that's our mistake. We're trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it, but in the end, we're hurting them anyway" Elena said.

Caroline nodded and turned to the stage as the song ended and everyone started clapping. Taking off her jacket she handed it to her sister.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asked as Caroline headed to the stage. "Where are you going?!"

Turning back to Elena and Bonnie Chloe shook her head. "What the hell is she doing?"

"Hey, everybody" Caroline exclaimed, taking control of the mic. "Let's hear it for the band!"

Jenna walked back over, drink in her hand. "This isn't gonna end well," she said.

"So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him" Caroline laughed. "Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I  talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Uh, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself."

The lead singer of the band tried to take the mic but Caroline pushed him away. "Um, I can sing!"

"Sing?" Elena mumbled as Chloe just stood there shocked.

"Yeah. You know what, I'm gonna sing" Caroline said before compelling the singer of the band to join her.

Everyone watched as the music started and they recognized the song as Eternal Flame.

"She's good" Jenna smiled.

"Yeah, she is" Chloe nodded. Matt pushed through the crowd, before joining Caroline on stage.

Everyone cheered as he pulled her into a kiss, the band still playing behind them. Chloe smiled, knowing that at least one of them got to be happy.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Walking over to Bonnie, Chloe smiled after overhearing her conversation with Elena.

"I still can not believe you have a thing for Jeremy Gilbert" Chloe laughed.