005

Bonnie was sitting on Caroline's bed, while Chloe was standing behind Caroline, helping her cover the bruises

Bonnie was sitting on Caroline's bed, while Chloe was standing behind Caroline, helping her cover the bruises. "Do you remember what happened before Chloe found you?" Bonnie asked.

Chloe had filled her in on what happened but not even Chloe knew what Caroline was doing wandering around in Tyler's expansive backyard.

"Damon came up behind me and he was kissing my neck or biting my neck. I passed out. It's like there's holes in my memory lately. It's just weird. Maybe I let him bite me" Caroline shrugged.

"There's no way you just let him do that," Chloe said, shaking her head. That's what stuck out to Chloe the most. It was the thing she had stayed up all night thinking about. The way Caroline had been acting while she was with Damon.

It wasn't normal. It wasn't Caroline. She was many things but a pushover was not one of them. It was like Damon was using mind control on her if that was even possible.

Caroline turned around in her chair to face her. "Hey, can we just not talk about it, okay? I just...don't want to talk about Damon. I don't want to talk about any of it. Just want to go back to normal."

Chloe nodded and turned to Bonnie who was clutching a candle from Caroline's side table like she was holding on to dear life.

"What are you doing?"

Bonnie turned, almost embarrassed, and put the candle back down. "What's this?" she asked, seeing an amber crystal necklace sitting on her nightstand.

Caroline rolled her eyes. "Damon gave it to me. Or he was going to give it to me. All I know is, it's mine now" she said, walking over to them.

"It's ugly" Bonnie noted. Caroline snatched the necklace from her hands. "Well, get your crabby hands off it," she said and hung it up on the clothing rack in her room.

At school, Caroline was business as usual. Acting as if nothing had happened to her.

"The Sexy Suds Car Wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who can pull off the bikini."

Chloe rolled her eyes as the two walked down the halls. "Seriously?"

"What? It's a fundraiser for god's sake. I want in your face sexy" Caroline said before she saw Stefan and Elena talking. She grabbed Chloe's wrist and pulled her over to them.

"Stefan, where's Damon?" Caroline asked. "He has some serious apologizing to do."

Stefan looked at her with pity in his eyes. "He's gone, Caroline."

"When's he coming back?"

"He's not coming back."

Elena looked at him wondering if there was a hidden meaning to his words. "I'm sorry," he said, before walking off.