SEVEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER SEVENfinding a match

CHAPTER SEVEN
finding a match

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

PROFESSOR STEIN WASN'T getting any better. Unfortunately, he was getting worse, his head occasionally going up into blue flames as he thrashed fitfully around his bed. Right now, he was having another one of his episodes.

"Hold him steady!" Cisco exclaimed, and Juliet immediately pressed her hands down on his leg while Barry took his shoulders.

"He's dropping out," Caitlin announced.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on," Cisco rattled off as he placed a device on Professor Stein's chest.

"Cisco, we're losing him."

"Got it!" Cisco then turned around and typed on the computer for a couple of seconds, and suddenly, the blue flames went out on Professor Stein's head and he stopped thrashing. He placed his hands on his head, slumping against the desk in relief. "Oh, Dios mio. Thank God."

Juliet sighed and removed her hands. She tucked some of her hair behind her ears, feeling the tiredness slump on her already.

"He's getting worse," Barry stated.

"Look, I did what I could to re-engineer Doctor Wells' original stabilizer to quell the reaction, but I don't know what he used as a power source," Cisco replied. "The best I could find was the one from his wheelchair."

"And how long will that last?" Caitlin asked.

Cisco then walked into the cortex. Juliet frowned at Professor Stein's figure before turning around and following Cisco, crossing her arms across her chest. Barry trailed after her, the hand on the small of her back igniting her skin through her shirt.

"Well, that's the problem, is we had already used up most of its energy trying to dampen the Metas' powers during our little rogue air trip with Weather Wizard and company," Cisco revealed. "I think we got a few days tops."

"And he's stuck in bed?" Barry questioned.

"Yeah, when he wakes up, I'm gonna transfer the stabilizer to this—" he tapped on a rod of metal "—give him a power cane, get him moving."

"We have to save him," Juliet insisted.

"I think I might know how to do that," Caitlin admitted. She then pulled a diagram up on the screens in the cortex. "When the Particle Accelerator exploded, the dark matter that collided with Professor Stein fused with the Firestorm matrix and altered the normal molecular processes that occurs within his body. Those highly reactive molecules needed something to bond with in order to stabilize."