FORTY-TWO

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER FORTY-TWOalways an angel, never a god

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
always an angel, never a god

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THE STORIES ALWAYS depicted that the heroes would someday fall. Juliet, unfortunately, had seen it happen before her very eyes. But hearing the news that Laurel Lance had died due to the hands of Damien Darkh, it kind of . . . stunned her.

Unfortunately, Barry and her had missed most of the funeral, due to another attack on the city. Juliet teleported there in a black dress, holding Barry's hand, who was wearing a black suit. They found Oliver standing by the recently dug grave surrounded by flowers, staring down at it blankly. Juliet frowned and walked up to him with Barry. Once they were by him, Oliver glanced over. Juliet could see the sadness and fury in his eyes.

"We're sorry we missed the funeral," Barry said.

"Zoom?" Oliver guessed.

"Yeah."

"There was a time I would have thought this was my fault, that I brought this darkness upon us, but now I I know it's not my fault. It's my responsibility."

"Responsibility to do what?" Barry asked.

"To end it," Oliver answered. "I'm gonna kill him."

Juliet just stared at him. She couldn't blame him for that. After all, the second she found out Zolomon was pretending to be their friend as Jay and turned out to be Zoom, she swore she was going to kill him. And this was Laurel they were talking about. It was the same rage, even more heightened, then from when Ronnie died.

"Ollie," Juliet began softly. "This guy's magic. If you want me to fight magic with magic—"

"No," Oliver interrupted swiftly. "I have to kill him. It needs to be me."

Juliet nodded. "Okay."

"Is there anything we can do?" Barry questioned.

"I want to be left alone," Oliver admitted.

Juliet reached over and squeezed his arm. "Take care of yourself, Ollie." She let go. "We'll be here when you need."

And with that, she teleported her and Barry away, leaving Oliver to soak in his vengeance.

ϟ ···················· ϟ ···················· ϟ