THIRTEEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
juliet st. james: part time csi,
part time superhero, full time
worried girlfriend

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

BARRY WAS GETTING better physically day by day. Mentally . . . not so much.

He didn't even have to say anything about it — Juliet could already tell. Even though he was able to stand on his feet now and most of his injuries had healed, the fact that he couldn't run, nonetheless walk without help . . . she could see that Zoom had really gotten the better of him.

Juliet hated seeing him like that. Seeing Barry hurt, whether it be physical injuries or mental injuries, always caused her to get tunnel vision and focus only on him. For the sake of herself, and most definitely the city, that couldn't be particularly good. They were down one superhero, and with Zoom on the loose, Juliet had to be on high alert.

Also, she was itching to know why her powers flickered out that night in the cortex with Zoom. It could've been her emotions getting the best of her, but she wasn't so sure that was it. The way she felt her powers not working felt exactly like it did at Flash and Scarlet Day with Atom Smasher. There was so much more to it. If her powers kept failing her against Zoom, that would be detrimental. More so than it already was.

They had Thawne's old wheelchair in the cortex for Barry, and Juliet stood by it as she watched Joe assist Barry in walking with the cane they had let Professor Stein use. Every day, they had been doing little test runs to see how much progress Barry had been making with healing.

"All right, I got you," Joe reassured him.

Barry paused and handed his cane to Joe. Joe gingerly let go of him, and Barry took a few tentative steps forwards. He looked stiff, which was definitely understandable. However, he then doubled over, his body clearly not being able to handle it. Juliet held out her hand a little by her side and focused on him, connecting her mind to his body. She made him freeze where he was and then slowly moved him to stand upright. Barry caught her eyes, and Juliet gave him a tiny smile in response.

"Thanks, J," Barry said quietly, and she let her concentration go as Joe caught onto him and helped him into the wheelchair. "I can't do it right now, all right?"

"Yes you can, Barry," Joe insisted. "We've been making so much progress."

"Yep, six whole steps. Someone get me a Bozo button."